Long-time Pennsic Chirurgeon failing

  • baronesstsivia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2010
      For those of you who have worked Pennsic Chirurgeon's Point, Rannveigr has been one of the keystones of the Point for literally decades. I've known and worked alongside her forever and my heart's shattering. She was the chirurgeon on-call who treated Bjarn after that fall which I sing about.

      TSivia

      Many on this list will know Viscountess Rannveigr Haakonardottir, OL,
      OP, 3rd Viscountess of Aethelmarc.
      It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that she has entered
      hospice care, and is expected to live for only 3 more weeks.
      She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer on December 27th, which
      has not responded to treatment.
      She was elevated to the Laurel by Aethelmarc in November for Norse
      Studies, Fiber Arts, and Equestrian.

      The latest message from her husband, Viscount Sir Alexander, is given below.

      Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news,
      Brusten

      Hi Gang,
      Mary Ellen has been sent home and is now in hospice. If you want to
      visit or send her a letter or card please do so ASAP. Phone calls are
      problematic since she has good days where she can speak and bad days
      where she sleeps a lot and has a raspy voice. As the days go by she
      will get weaker and weaker and not be as lucid as she could be.

      Our home address is:
      1605 South Shore Drive
      Erie PA 16505

      Our home phone is:
      814 459 1156

      She does appreciate visitors. We just ask that if you have been
      exposed to a cold /flu don't come, she won?t be able to handle and
      infection very well.

      Thanks,
      Duane