Re: [E-Chir] Scenario 4

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2009
      On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Bethoc (Lesley) <bethoc12thc@...> wrote:

      In this example, the woman could have one of a number of physical problems related to the organs of the upper body including but not limited to aortic or thoracic anyeursm (weakening of the artery in the main trunks), plumonary disease (breathing disorder), pulmonary edema (water in the lung), exercise induced asthma, pneumonia, pulmonary embolism (clot in the lung), coronary spasm (muscular narrowing of the arteries supplying blood to the heart), congestive heart failure (weakened heart which causes water to back up into the lungs), heart block (where the top and the bottom of the heart don't communicate/function properly), coronary artery disease (umbrella term to include anything that affects the function of the heart because of clotting of blood vessels), severe allergic reaction to an unknown allergen, some kind of cancerous tumor (particularly lung is found late in the game) and to a lesser extent some kind of abdominal pathology.

      The nice thing about all those possibilities are ALL of them need me to call an ambulance.  Well, "nice" might not be the best word, maybe "simple".  So my course of action is the same, no matter what I imagine the problem to be.