Re: [E-Chir] New file uploaded to E-Chir

  • Keith Crawley
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2006
      Interesting badge.. What is its intended use?

      Percival
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2006
        Most folks haven't seen a Chirurgeon emeritus badge, and at the
        moment Ealdormere doesn't have any Chi emeritii either <grin:
        Kaellyn and I are both too stubborn to retire! LOL>.

        A chirurgeon emeritus (or emerita, for a woman) is a retired
        chirurgeon - usually one who has indicated s/he will remain
        available to the chirurgeonate (to share wisdom, experience,
        comaraderie, etc.).

        Hence the use of an owl (Minerva - wisdom) with the fleam.

        Thanks to Arkell for posting that!
        TSivia

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2006
          Very cool.. In the Heraldic college we use Trillium Emeritus for anyone who has held the top spot and stepped down. Even though most of us move on to other jobs within the heraldic community it is a way we honour those of us who have taken on the task of running the college.

          Percival
          Most folks haven't seen a Chirurgeon emeritus badge, and at the
          moment Ealdormere doesn't have any Chi emeritii either <grin:
          Kaellyn and I are both too stubborn to retire! LOL>.

          A chirurgeon emeritus (or emerita, for a woman) is a retired
          chirurgeon - usually one who has indicated s/he will remain
          available to the chirurgeonate (to share wisdom, experience,
          comaraderie, etc.).

          Hence the use of an owl (Minerva - wisdom) with the fleam.

          Thanks to Arkell for posting that!
          TSivia

          --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups. com, "Keith Crawley" <crawleys@.. .> wrote:

          > Interesting badge.. What is its intended use?
          >
          > Percival

        • richard hall
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
            it is the chirurgeon emeritus badge and it was for the 1st CE who was from ansteorra (who unfountely passed awayeariler this year and will be saddly missed) and it has been transfered to the SC for use by all CEs in all kingdoms.

            arkell

            Do you Yahoo!?