Re: [E-Chir] Photo permissions and chatter?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15 11:21 AM
                                    Hi Tsivia,

                                Not a problem!  Go ahead and post
                               Any picture you would like!
      (                           (and of Petreus too.)

                             MaryCatharine
      ..             .."Of course he has a knife. He always has knives.
                     We all have knives.  It's 1183 and we're all barbarians."

                     Katharine Hepburn (1907 - 2003) As: Eleanor of  Aquitaine.
                         The Lion in Winter. 1968
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15 2:47 PM
        Hey all,

        Hope all is well.

        Drake here,

        as for pictures?
        no problem

        As for the Tankred episode,

        I was the first responder to the woman who "fainted", when the ambulance were standing outside of Tankred's tent, they saw her go down also and then came over....I started to advise what I saw and how I was starting to assist whenthey basically just ignored me, "even after identifing myself as a first responder fireman", and proceded to I....I felt not handle the patient properly....when someone is hyperventilating or semi nervous and embarassed...you, as the responder, do not start strapping her to the stretcher until you've at least talked to her a little and try to calm her down alittle....
        Everything I had done till that point got ignored, so I stepped back and let the "professionals" handle her.
        For obvious reasons , I was a little disappointed.

        TSiva,

        I'll respond to your e-mail here as well.

        I am interested in staying active with both this message board as well as being a chirurgeon.

        or whatever i shall call myself now...  :)

        YIS,
        Lord Thomas Drake Abernan
        Timberwolfe / Godweisel

      • Claude Gagne
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16 6:44 AM
          Drake said...
          As for the Tankred episode,

          I was the first responder to the woman who "fainted", when the ambulance were standing outside of Tankred's tent, they saw her go down also...

          I have to make a slight correction at this point, they did not see her go down. I directed it to their attention. A minor point but this is where my vantage point was and that's why I passed judgment on their action.

          As for your sentiment of frustration with how they disregarded you. I'm not surprised. They have to re-assess. Just in case you missed something. They can't be held accountable for misdiagnosing someone who they did not diagnose. It sort of makes sense. Even doctors will do that to each other. After waiting in line after line at the hospital and being asked the same questions over and over again they come to the same conclusion. You have a cold and you need cepacol. (Sorry, that's a military joke.)

          Here's the really important point, barring our own egos for a moment. No one died. Everyone went home and I'm sure that they're all planning next year's Pennsic. And perhaps a few of us will be wiser about our health. I'd doubt it. But, it could happen.
          As our good Tsivia said, keep the lines of communication flowing. The only time that conversations don't work is when they are one sided.

          Have a nice and safe week-end.

          Derfel

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16 1:34 PM
            Derfel,

            Totally understood, actually I would have been more frustrated if they didn't re-do what I had already done....

            Again, it's hard to convey here and not in person, but what I mean to say is.....

            They kind of disreguarded me altogether ....as if I wasn't really there...

            or at least that's the feeling I recieved.

            Again just a feelings of frustration......

            no feelings hurt, just "outright disreguard"

            Drake