Re: [E-Chir] Differences in Defibrilators

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
      omg...

      MaryCatharine
      -------Original Message-------

      Date: 2/18/2009 5:13:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [E-Chir] Differences in Defibrilators

      hi there,
      Drake here,

      not sure about the non-trained PAD

      all the ones in our area, ice rinks , library etc,
      we've had (the firefighters) to train a few employees in each location the proper usage.

      i'm not familiar with any (non-training types)

      you need to look for pace makers/ nicotine patches/ previous heart surguries/ nitro tablets etc...

      sorry,
      just adding my 2 cents

      Drake

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
        Some of the others who regularly deal with such things for a living will probably know a bit more about them than I do, but from what I've been told at work, it's much more likely that most of the newer AEDs are the kind where instructions are given about the process via the machine rather than those needing specialized training.
        Medb
        (who's workplace is responsible for funding many of them)