Re: [E-Chir] Differences in Defibrilators

  • dabernan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009

      hi there,
      Drake here,

      not sure about the non-trained PAD

      all the ones in our area, ice rinks , library etc,
      we've had (the firefighters) to train a few employees in each location the proper usage.

      i'm not familiar with any (non-training types)

      you need to look for pace makers/ nicotine patches/ previous heart surguries/ nitro tablets etc...

      sorry,
      just adding my 2 cents

      Drake

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
        omg...

        MaryCatharine

        There was mention in one response about Defibrilators and those
        trained in them.

        It would be good for a brief review of the different types of the
        Defibs.

        The original designs did indeed need qualifications in their use.
        Some of the newer ones still do.

        However there are ones that dont. IIRC these are P.A.D. for Public
        Access Defibrilator. These are meant for even non-1st-aiders to use.
        They are appearing in places like malls and some buildings with alot
        of seniors.

        >NOT< all defibs though are P.A.D.
        If it is not then it is supposed to be secured, like behind a secuirty desk or in an office. IT would be good know if there is a defib at a site whether it is P.A.D. or not. I would appreaciate if Xristina (or other higher cert) can confirm or correct my above statements. Brian the Green ------------ --------- --------- ------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/E-Chir/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/E-Chir/ join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:E-Chir- digest@yahoogrou ps.com mailto:E-Chir- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: E-Chir-unsubscribe@ yahoogroups. com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
          Some of the others who regularly deal with such things for a living will probably know a bit more about them than I do, but from what I've been told at work, it's much more likely that most of the newer AEDs are the kind where instructions are given about the process via the machine rather than those needing specialized training.
          Medb
          (who's workplace is responsible for funding many of them)