Re: [E-Chir] Re: Reccomendation, Inventory Check

  • tudorpot@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
      Interesting- current practice for wound cleaning is to only use something on a wound that you would put in an eye. Mostly I use saline, but water works as well. Standard of practice for home care of leg ulcers = tap water.

      Freda

      On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:09 PM, b1laxson wrote:

      Yes the Alcohol wipes... well thats the main type now that I found a
      box of 200 at a drug store (Note: found in the diabetec supply section
      NOT the first aid section). These are a small wipe that is about the
      the size of a pair of salt packets from a fast food store... or about
      the size of loonie.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
        I've had people specifically request the alcohol wipes (in one case, iodine).
        Anyone else having problems finding a suitable saline solution to carry with them? The only one I found is a glass container, so I keep a few alcohol wipes in case I'm in an area without water and don't have my larger kit with me.
        Medb