Re: Reccomendation, Inventory Check

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
      --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, "b1laxson" <b1laxson@...> wrote:
      > A minimum list of first aid supplies could be something like:
      > = bandages (standard band aids)
      > = antiseptic wipes
      > = CPR mask
      > = gloves (vinyl gloves to keep you clean)
      > = a tension/tensor bandage (joint injuries are common)
      <add> = sterile gauzz pad (4x4)

      Forgot to mention Id recommend at least one sterile gauze pad (3x3
      or 4x4. I believe our Kingdom Chirurgeon recommended 4x4).

      Its purpose would be for immediate action on bad or large bleeding.
      With at least one in place for the blood to clot around you gain
      some time to obtain more first aid supplies. Preferably by sending
      someone to get them for you.

      Reminder the above is a recommendation (only) for a very small thus
      easily carried set.

      Brian the Green
    • tudorpot@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
        Interesting- current practice for wound cleaning is to only use something on a wound that you would put in an eye. Mostly I use saline, but water works as well. Standard of practice for home care of leg ulcers = tap water.

        Freda

        On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:09 PM, b1laxson wrote:

        Yes the Alcohol wipes... well thats the main type now that I found a
        box of 200 at a drug store (Note: found in the diabetec supply section
        NOT the first aid section). These are a small wipe that is about the
        the size of a pair of salt packets from a fast food store... or about
        the size of loonie.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
          I've had people specifically request the alcohol wipes (in one case, iodine).
          Anyone else having problems finding a suitable saline solution to carry with them? The only one I found is a glass container, so I keep a few alcohol wipes in case I'm in an area without water and don't have my larger kit with me.
          Medb