Re: [E-Chir] Re: Reccomendation, Inventory Check

  • tudorpot@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 25, 2009
      Request for clarification, are these alcohol swabs?

      Freda

      On Jan 25, 2009, at 2:00 PM, b1laxson wrote:

      = antiseptic wipes

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
        Yes the Alcohol wipes... well thats the main type now that I found a
        box of 200 at a drug store (Note: found in the diabetec supply section
        NOT the first aid section). These are a small wipe that is about the
        the size of a pair of salt packets from a fast food store... or about
        the size of loonie.

        There are different variations on the antiseptic wipes. While alchohol
        is the most common there are some medicated ones for sting relief as
        well.

        The are also now in my kit larger wipes which are baby wipes.
        Specifically one listed as disinfecting. I had trouble finding the
        small wipes so got these large ones before getting the pack of 200.

        Brian the Green

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
          --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, "b1laxson" <b1laxson@...> wrote:
          > A minimum list of first aid supplies could be something like:
          > = bandages (standard band aids)
          > = antiseptic wipes
          > = CPR mask
          > = gloves (vinyl gloves to keep you clean)
          > = a tension/tensor bandage (joint injuries are common)
          <add> = sterile gauzz pad (4x4)

          Forgot to mention Id recommend at least one sterile gauze pad (3x3
          or 4x4. I believe our Kingdom Chirurgeon recommended 4x4).

          Its purpose would be for immediate action on bad or large bleeding.
          With at least one in place for the blood to clot around you gain
          some time to obtain more first aid supplies. Preferably by sending
          someone to get them for you.

          Reminder the above is a recommendation (only) for a very small thus
          easily carried set.

          Brian the Green
        • tudorpot@gmail.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
              I've had people specifically request the alcohol wipes (in one case, iodine).
              Anyone else having problems finding a suitable saline solution to carry with them? The only one I found is a glass container, so I keep a few alcohol wipes in case I'm in an area without water and don't have my larger kit with me.
              Medb