Ready Sheet

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
      There has been considerable talk in the "Scenario One" thread about
      the Ready Sheet/Action Plan.

      Just starting a seperately named thread for what has become a large
      discussion.

      Some quick summaries:
      = Many of us support this sort of idea
      = Having it places like Troll is also good
      = There is questions of what to put into it
      = Percival remembered this sort of thing was declined due to
      possible liabilities.

      On the liability I would suggest we focus more on the "Ready Sheet"
      rather then how to treat patients. The "how to treat" could indeed
      get us into trouble. That sort of thing is what the first aid (and
      higher) training is for. That would include multiple aiders
      scenarios.

      I believe first aid recommends making a list of information so its
      not likely to be something the Kingdom could be sued for.

      I used to do alot of forms as a Quality Manager for a manufacturing
      company. If you need someone to work together the layout of the form
      I can assist you. Those above me in the Chirugeon-ry just need to
      tell me what to put into it.

      (Tip: Excel setting all columns to a width of 2 characters becomes a
      text layout tool.)
    • Keith Crawley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
        Actually the Plan I was involved in putting together was more. It included emergency plans for most levels of events including such things as a contact/to do lists etc. for SCA and Mundane notifications etc. (911 et all) as mentioned in the Ready List ideas. It even included the idea of some pre contact with local mundane authorities to advise them that they were going to have an additional (???) number of people living in their coverage area for X number of days, who were are, what we do and where we would be located etc. and some contact info shared on both sides should the need arise.

        It included use of such things as the Chivalry as a Brute squad for any heavy efforts needed (moving emergency supplies, victims etc.) and for crowd control etc. The heralds in a trained or at least pre notified manner of internal communications. Laurels/Pelicans looking after the needs in a supporting role of the rest of the folks doing the rescue/treatment and other work. Chirurgeons of course doing the boo boo mending and beyond as needed. and the general populace being culled for needed skills etc. and put to work according to these skill sets or moved out of the way to a safe spot if needed.

        It was a large scale document that may have gone well beyond what any of us think could ever be needed in Ealdormere but it covered all the bases. I think the liability issues raised were more akin to what if the system failed and someone came along and said .."hey I suffered an injury, loss etc. because instead of taking care of my needs like this plan says someone did something else or nothing at all".

        All in all I like the sounds of these ready sheets etc. and a small scale internal preparedness among the Chirurgeonate that we can just use if needed without anyone having rubber stamped it or even knowing it exists in some cases. Like all things in the SCA with the vast skill sets and kinds of people we are, if a major emergency did hit, we would probably dig in, be picking up the pieces and ready to help the mundane world long before they could spare the resources to help us.

        Percival

        .

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
          --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Crawley" <crawleys@...> wrote:
          <snip>
          > It was a large scale document that may have gone well beyond what
          any of us think could ever be needed in Ealdormere but it covered
          all the bases. I think the liability issues raised were more akin to
          what if the system failed and someone came along and said .."hey I
          suffered an injury, loss etc. because instead of taking care of my
          needs like this plan says someone did something else or nothing at
          all".
          <snip>
          > Percival

          To use language Im familiar with your emegerncy plan is along the
          lines of a disaster plan, meant for large scale incidents. The many
          patients worst case situations on the what-if scale of...

          ...if a tornado landed on Trillium War

          ...a fire race amongs the tents during the night

          The "Ready Sheet" is just a simpler list for the more typical "ones
          and twos" of badly injured.

          Brian the Green
        • Keith Crawley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
            Yes the major part of the plan was of a similar nature to a disaster plan but it did include many of the "ready sheet" ideas in it as well for smaller indoor events etc. particularly.

            Percival