Re: [E-Chir] Fw: Re:Scenario One

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
      At 08:48 PM 1/9/2009, you wrote:
      >These answers were sent to me privately with permission to post to the list.
      >Inform Autocrat, fill out paperwork and pass to you (if you are
      >there, call if you are not),

      This person said they'd call the Kingdom Chirurgeon. Is that
      necessary in this case? I thought we only needed to have an
      immediate report to the KC if we felt the need to call an ambulance.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
        From: Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>

        >This person said they'd call the Kingdom Chirurgeon. Is that
        >necessary in this case? I thought we only needed to have an
        >immediate report to the KC if we felt the need to call an ambulance.

        >Eyrny

        You are correct. You only need to contact me (within 24hrs) if EMS had been notified or if you feel that a particular incident is something I should be aware of or causes you some concern. For the rest, your normal event reports are just fine.

        I would think something similar would go for the autocrat as well. I do not think that they would want to be contacted every single time a chirugeon gave a band-aid at an event. If EMS is about to arrive, then yes, they should definitely be told. In this case, the idea of contacting the autocrat in order to ensure a possible safety hazard  (the hole the casualty stepped into) is corrected is a good idea.

        I will double check the policy and make sure I am reading/interpreting it correctly.

        Get the name you've always wanted ! @... or @....