A small caveat

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      WOWsers.

      Leave you folks alone for a few hours to teach and kazam! We have a
      bunch of good discussion happening here. I love it.

      Just a little note to keep in mind when emailing (lists or one on
      one): a study at York U showed that we actually manage to
      COMMUNICATE less than 10% of what we INTEND, in print alone. We
      lose the cues of body language and inflection. (OK: with smilies and
      <grin> let us up that to a whopping 15%, shall we?)

      As we all come from different backgrounds and not everyone hereon
      has even met face to face, let me remind you to always take a deep
      breath before sending out something that might even be a whiff of
      what we call "Flames". No one's done it here yet..but with some of
      the lovely strong personalities we've got on this list and the
      topics we're discussing <refusal of treatment, privacy issues, who
      said what to whom>, DON'T fire off a quick reply before taking a
      deep breath if something which was typed sounds snippy or uncalled
      for to you. This is a great forum for OUR chirurgeons to grow and
      figure out what we want to do, how to do it (e.g. visibility
      issues), and what/how not to do things.

      Keep in mind we are all here for one reason: to make sure everyone
      plays happy AND healthy. (Not to be the health-monitors of the
      overheated, underfed, or adrenalized.)

      Given the # of messages, I'd say Kaellyn was 100% bang-on in setting
      this up! Thanks Kaellyn!

      TSivia (the often underfed...)