Re: [E-Chir] Please , no grip...

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13 11:51 AM
      Yes, with the permission of both Kaellyn and Tankred.
      (please read below)

      I have been with Tankred when he has given his permission to speak
      And when he has not wanted anyone to know...

      What I am asking is, in future, don't use their names please.
      And the problem with that would be...?

      Yours in health and safety,

      MariaKatharina

      Date: 09/13/06 11:04:43
      Subject: Re: [E-Chir] Re: Pennsic XXXV griping

      Actually I can speak to that situation as I was attending as a first Aider. And I should mention Tancred gave me specific permission to speak to other chirurgeons, and he was discussing the incident publicly, so we are not breaking any confidentiality here. But please keep this among ourselves.

      I escorted the first ambulance to Patient 1. When I arrived, he was being attended by at least one other Chirurgeon. He refused care from EMS quite emphatically and repeatedly, in fact their presence was agitating him. I asked EMS to wait outside while he calmed down and was persuaded to allow their assistance.

      While they were waiting outside, Patient 2 became unresponsive. Having been refused at the first patient, they attended at the second and immediately called for a second EMS unit to attend Patient 1 when he was ready.

      My first aid training says that responsiveness is right up there with ABC and should be treated just as seriously, but your and their mileage may vary.

      Sometimes s***tuff just happens in great leaps and bounds. One deals with it the best they can.

      Date: 09/13/06 14:40:54
      Subject: Re: [E-Chir] Please , no grip...

      Hmmm, sorry for pointing this out but did you not just ask us to keep patient confidentiality and then reveal a personal condition.