Re: general Chirurgeon ideas

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13 6:41 AM
      Claude Gagne wrote:

      >We deal with some pretty minor stuff. Small broken bones, heat

      And in my experience, in Ealdormere we deal with it rarely.

      >scolas, in the past 12 months and not once was I aware of the location
      >of first aid except at Pennsic. We need to be more omnipresent. If we

      Personally, I would be very bored sitting in one place waiting for some
      accident to happen. Most events have few injuries, and the venue is
      small enough to call for a chirurgeon if desired.

      Now I believe many people don't want to make a fuss about small injuries
      and may not want to *call* for a chirurgeon. This is a good reason to
      try and increase our visibility (and I'm a nearly invisible chirurgeon
      most events).

      >We also need to agree on a standard procedure for injuries suffered on
      >the field or in the list. For example if a fighter gets hurt and pulls
      >himself out because he's hurt, not counting a little cut on his pinky,
      >then he should stay out untill it's deemed safe for him to go back in
      >by a chirurgeon.

      To add to what Streonwald said: I am not qualified to determine if it's
      safe for someone to fight. I could advise that continuing to fight on a
      possibly strained or broken ankle could make the injury worse, but if
      the fighter feels the injury is minor and one they've dealt with before,
      that's THEIR judgment call to make.