FYI: background checks and the Chirurgeonate

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2007
      As most of you have caught on the e-list, there has been quite a buzz
      about the BoD's intended hiring of an outside-source to do background
      checks on those SCA individuals who have to work with youth in certain
      circumstances (AND I do mean "CERTAIN"!).

      This has also caused quite a buzz with the SCA's chirurgeonate, and I
      would like to thank my colleague who is Northshield's Kingdom
      Chirurgeon for this post.

      So worry not: it's not anything that will drectly impact the
      Chirurgeons unless *WE* in Ealdormere choose it to be, and I for one
      do not believe background checks would benefit the Chirurgeonate in
      ANY way.
      TSivia

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      It doesn't effect the Chirurgeonate as per Society President from my
      conversation with him less than 24 hrs ago. Unless the Kingdom wishes
      to make it so. ie Kingdoms may bring into effect more strict
      enforcement for a higher level of regulation but not drop below
      Society minimum requirements.

      I was at Northshield Coronation this weekend and we had a Stallari
      Meeting. The Society President is from Northshield and was invited to
      attend out of Courtesy. We were discussing the related issues of the
      arts martial, arts and sciences and chirugeonate on how it touches
      upon youth activities. Though the BOD is still ironing out policy the
      gist of it is specifically only Youth Only Activities will be touched
      upon. ie Ministers of Youth Activities In the case where an activity
      touches upon youths it is not considered to be the same liability.
      AVL
      KC Northshield