372Re: splints Re: [E-Chir] Scenario 5

    Jan 23, 2010
      Do you know if group insurance, such as a company provides, typically covers the EMS transport cost?

      Eyrny

      On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Ninka <dyscordant_rose@...> wrote:

      From: Bethoc (Lesley) <bethoc12thc@...>
      To: E-Chir@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, January 23, 2010 9:09:45 AM
      Subject: splints Re: [E-Chir] Scenario 5

       >Also consider that although we do pay OHIP, there is a "top up" charge for the use of EMS. I think >that applies whether or not you transport but I'm not sure. I'll find out. I think it's about $90.

      Actually, if you are covered under OHIP the uncovered cost of EMS is $45 and that is only if we transport a patient. If we arrive on scene, treat and do not transport then there is no charge. If you are from another province or another country and you are not insured then you will be dinged with the full bill.