349Re: Scenario 3

    Dec 7, 2009
      --- In E-Chir@yahoogroups.com, viscountessk@... wrote:
      > Given the results of the assessment of the ankle and the area covered by the burns and the possibility that the arm may be 2nd degree, I would probably call 911 as well. Daffyd you make a good very good point, but I'm a fan of erring on the side of caution. If the ankle assessment turns out well though, and there are no signs of shock, POV could also be an option.
      >
      > Kaellyn

      What does POV stand for in this case? (presumably not Point-Of-View used in my computer games).

      Also...

      When calling 911...

      a) Will they discuss with you if the ambulance is really needed? Though I believe they kinda have to once you ask because if something goes wrong after that they are in a bad legal situation.

      b) If they come and passenger refuses to come (after their mucho influence) is there no charge?

      c) I posted prior to the injury details so was treating as serious enough. I have had some one go on about a sprained ankle only to find out later that they had actually snapped 2 of 3 tendons and if the last one had gone there foot would have been Kaput.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic