      From: b1laxson <b1laxson@...>
      Subject: [E-Chir] Differences in Defibrilators
      To: E-Chir@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 9:54 PM

      Brian the Green here (1st aid cert)

      There was mention in one response about Defibrilators and those
      trained in them.

      It would be good for a brief review of the different types of the
      Defibs.

      The original designs did indeed need qualifications in their use.
      Some of the newer ones still do.

      However there are ones that dont. IIRC these are P.A.D. for Public
      Access Defibrilator. These are meant for even non-1st-aiders to use.
      They are appearing in places like malls and some buildings with alot
      of seniors.

      >NOT< all defibs though are P.A.D.

      If it is not then it is supposed to be secured, like behind a
      secuirty desk or in an office.

      IT would be good know if there is a defib at a site whether it is
      P.A.D. or not.

      I would appreaciate if Xristina (or other higher cert) can confirm
      or correct my above statements.