282Re: Reccomendation, Inventory Check

    Jan 25, 2009
      Below is a detailed list of the stores I keep. It is based not
      around a box but on 3 carriers. When merrily enjoying an event I
      wear just #1. The other two are if I where to become an aid station
      or a wandering aid station.

      This is a larger stock then when just looking after yourself.

      A minimum list of first aid supplies could be something like:
      = bandages (standard band aids)
      = antiseptic wipes
      = CPR mask
      = gloves (vinyl gloves to keep you clean)
      = a tension/tensor bandage (joint injuries are common)

      Im sure the Kingdom chirugeon has numerous samples. As in order to
      do my inventory check I did write things down it makes it easy to
      present it as an example... and possible for discussion ^_^

      Oddly... I have not been able to find the simple CPR masks. Those
      pocket kits with gloves as well would be good. Im serious... Ive
      been to a half dozen pharmacies, a home medical store, a safety
      store and a few Canadian Tires. >I cant find them.< Only the $30
      hard plastic ones which are to bulky for my "carrier" concept.

      First Aid Inventory

      Jan2009

      Carrier #1 = Chirugeon Belt Favor
      Purpose: Always available
      Needed
      = CPR Mask

      Inside:
      = Gloves
      = Bandages
      = 6 standard
      = a few shaped bandages
      = 1 of sterile gauze pad (for initial treatment of a large bleeder)
      = small antiseptic wipes est 20
      = 1 of tension bandage (for common joint issues, a bit bulky with
      this debating removing)
      =end Carrier #1 list

      Carrier #2 = Green Fanny Pack
      Purpose: Mobile aid supply, primary source for supplies.

      Needed:
      = CPR mask

      Inside:
      = 1 small bottle of Tylenol
      = 12 of Steripads
      = 3 of shaped joint tensors (knee or elbow)
      = 1 of folding splint
      = 1 of finger splint
      = 1 of cloth tape roll
      = 1 of gauze bandage 4" x 15'
      = 1 tube of polysporin "Complete"
      = cotton, nonsterile
      = 1 sealable sandwhich bags
      = 1 of grocery plastic bag (for waste disposal)
      = 2 pens (tested ok)
      = antiseptic wipes small est 80
      = 15 of antibacterial wipes 15x19cm
      = 5 of 4 in x 4 in sterile gauze
      = 1 pair vinyl gloves
      = Bandages as
      = 8 shaped bandages (finger etc)
      = 20 approx standard bandages
      = 2 of triangular bandages
      = 2 of tension bandage rolls
      = Paperwork as
      = 4 of incident reports
      = 1 of event report
      = 3 of CIT eval forms
      = blank paper
      = Tools as
      = 1 of snips
      = 1 of tweesers
      = 1 of forceps
      = 6 approx safety pins
      =Articles/Guidelines
      = Booklet: Emergency First Aid
      = article: "OTC Meds in the SCA"
      = article: Hydration? (title missing)
      =end Carrier #2 list

      Carrier #3= Green shoulder bag
      Purpose: Exetended activities and resupply of other carriers

      Needs
      = CPR Mask
      = antiseptic wipes, small

      Contains:
      = 6 Vinyl gloves
      = 15 antibacterial wipes 15x19xm
      = 1 tube of sun tan lotion (mostly so I dont forget it for myself)
      = 1 of emergency blanket
      = 5 of chemical cold packs
      = 20 of 4x4in sterile gauze
      = antiseptic wipes small est 100