      Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 12:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [E-Chir] Re: Scenario One

      Xristina wrote:
      > Does anyone have any ideas of how and when, we as chirugeon's should
      put such an action plan in place? An action plan being defined as a
      series of pre-planned events/groups of people to help make an
      emergency situation run as efficiently as possible. I usually teach
      an action plan as consisting of three people; person in charge
      (person actually doing the casualty care/first aid); call person
      (person making sure that 911 is called/alerting the autocrat); scene
      person (crowd control/EMS direction/etc) . Any ideas on how this can
      be incorporated into our events? Would it be different for day events
      and large camping events?

      As we've been informed by Fursto at the Chi picnics, there are THREE
      distinct addresses for the site at which Trillies is held, for one thing.
      I'd suggest that it's prudent practice for there to be an EXACT street
      address at EVERY check-in in case one of our more elderly members suddenly
      has a heart attack...

      Maybe it's time to come up with a structured action plan for Ealdormere
      events? (which of course, other Kingdoms could use if they so choose...)
      WOuldn't hurt to train folks on how to guide EMS into a remote site, for
      instance. If you haven't worked a Pennsic or Estrella you've probably
      never run into that one...