135SCA announcement re: civil suits

    Apr 28, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Patrick Anderson <president@...>
      Date: Apr 27, 2007 4:13 PM
      Subject: [Announcements] Important announcement regarding notice of
      lawsuit
      To: announcements@...

      The Directors and Corporate Staff would like to inform the
      membership of
      the SCA that the SCA, Inc. has been named in two civil suits based on
      alleged sexual misconduct of an adult toward minors. Unfortunately,
      the
      individual accused of the misconduct was a member of the SCA. The
      SCA
      clearly did not sanction the alleged misconduct, had no prior
      knowledge
      of the misconduct, and had never received any complaints concerning
      the
      adult involved prior to his arrest. The adult involved has since
      been
      subject to absolute banishment from the SCA.

      The suits originated in Pennsylvania, USA, and were served on the
      SCA in
      March of 2007. Complete information regarding the suits is not yet
      known. As we are able, we will continue to update our membership.

      Sincerely,
      Hal Simon
      Chairman-SCA, Inc.

      Patrick Anderson
      President-SCA, Inc.
      --
      Patrick Anderson
      President

      Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
      SCA Inc.
      Box 360789
      Milpitas, CA 95036

      You may also email comments@...
      or reply to this message.

      This announcement is an official informational release by the Society
      for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce
      this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and
      electronic mailing lists.