Can you assign multiple PKG_TYPEs to a symbol?

  • Austin Franklin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
      > DEVICE gets translated to PART_TYPE in PADS, and the PKG_TYPE becomes the
      PADS decal...but
      > in PADS, you can set multiple decals for one part_type. Is there a way to
      set the
      > PKG_TYPE in Viewdraw so multiple decals get translated through to the PADS
      part_type?

      I figured out what I needed to do to get multiple PKG_TYPEs to translate
      through to PADS. Use a ":" between decal names in the PKG_TYPE attribute:

      PKG_TYPE=0402:0402_BGA

      Or, I can simply leave the PKG_TYPE alone, and assign an alias in the PADS
      PCB configuration to alias 0402 to 0402:0402_BGA, and that allows all
      symbols with 0402 to use either footprint.

      Austin
    • Kipton Moravec
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2003
        I am still getting the problem I make a single symbol of an NAND
        gate. When I put in the Pin Numbers of the attribute #=1,4,8,11 (Doing
        this in Attribute Properties box)
        A pop up box says Expand Attribute? (Yes No)
        If I click on Yes only one number is saved. So I guess I need to answer no.

        I don't have this problem if I use the symbol wizard. (So I can get around
        it for now)

        I have it working if I do not use the HETRO attribute and use Signal for
        VDD and GND. So I am making progress.

        >1 I want a combination of three implicit symbols and 1 explicit symbol.
        >
        >Yes but by putting HETERO=M74HC00,(M74HC00P) you are saying that only the
        >unpowered symbol will be used by the netlister. The other will be used to
        >override the SIGNAL attributes on the other gates.

        Now I am confused again. So what is in parens is what is seen on the
        schematic, and the other is seen by the layout.

        So since I am confused lets not do Hetero Type 2.

        If I make it a Hetero type 1 then the first three M74HC00 will be the NAND
        with no power and no ground. Then I use M74HC00P which is a NAND which
        includes power. I do not need the signal attribute for power and ground on
        the M74HC00.
        So I have PARTS=3 on M74HC00
        and PARTS=1 on M74HC00P.

        Is this the way to do it? I do not want to edit every signal to make sure
        the power is going to the right power position. The VCC for a logic chip
        is usually different then the VCC for an OP-AMP. I do not like the SIGNAL
        Idea.

        Kip