Pin-Label on a Symbol

  • Michael Mandl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi

      I would like to build the symbol of a processor
      On the symbol i have pins, which have 2 or more functions
      so i write on the label for example
      PA1(RXD)
      PA2(TXD)
      PA3(/PEN)

      and so on

      when i save and check my schematic i get the warning 5223.

      is there a way to turn of the warning
      or has someone a suggestion to write both functions on one pin label.

      with my best regards

      Michael MANDL

      Entwicklung
      BECOM

      Burgenländische Elektronik-
      und Komunikationssysteme
      Gesellschaft m.b.H.
      A-7442 Lockenhaus, Hochstraß
      Technikerstraße 1
      Telefon: +43 2616 2930 - 575
      Telefax: +43 2616 2930 - 592
      e-mail: mmandl@...
      http://www.becom.at
    • Jonathan Hurst
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        I think it is a warning because the () characters aren't allowed. you
        can change it in the cfg file at the bottom where it checks for illegal
        characters.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          Michael
          from help you can see that:

          vdraw-W-5223
          Error Message:
          Symbol [symbol_name] -- Character [character] disallowed in label [label].
          Cause:
          Label contains the character [,],=,(,or). These characters are illegal in ViewSim.  They may be permitted with other simulators.
          Solution:
          Use another character in the label.

          If you want the better solution is using another character, or you can change the labelchecking method as explained below:
          Help  ---- > ChkRules Section

          The ChkRules section of the configuration file specifies the types of error checking to be performed.  It specifies particular conditions to check for, the resulting severity if the particular condition is encountered and the action (if any) to be taken if the condition is encountered.
          The following is a sample portion of the ChkRules section from a configuration file.  Please note that there are many more rules discussed in the Supported Check Rules section of the on-line help.

          BeginChkRules
          .
          .
          CHKVAL _NAME_CHK SYMCOM DEVICE ERR 0 "~{}*,.` \t\n\r@" "" 1 16
          CHKVAL _NAME_CHK NET TRACEWIDTH ERR 0 "0-9" "" 1 3
          CHKBRD _DUPL_ATTR ERR 0            | Duplicate attribute
          CHKBRD _BAD_SLOTCNT ERR 0        | Conflicting number of
                                                                                                             | slots
          CHKBRD _DUPL_PINS ERR 0            | SIGNAL, NC, #
                                                                                                             | conflicts

          CHKBRD _ILL_PINSWAP WRN 0   | Illegal pin swap
          CHKBRD _BAD_PINSWAP ERR 0         | Bad PINSWAP attribute
          CHKBRD _BAD_PIN_NUM ERR 1         | Component pin # not on
                                                                                                             | symbol, 1=repack
          .
          .
          EndChkRules

          To suppress a particular check, comment out the associated line in the configuration file by preceding it with a comment character ( | ).
          In addition to normal attribute names (for example, REFDES), the following special values may be used to specify an attribute name for a particular checking feature:

          $OBJNAME          Check the object name or label
          $ATTNAME          Check the attribute name (not the attribute value)
          $ANY               Check every attribute value
          $DEFAULT          Check every unchecked attribute value

          When ViewPCB encounters an error, it does not save or modify the data from any prior netlisting pass.  If only warnings or notes are encountered, ViewPCB attempts to complete the netlisting process.
          There are three important topics which provide critical information related to the ChkRules section.  Refer to the Supported Check Rules for an extensive list of supported rule checks.  Also, Pattern Matching Format and Syntax provides important functionality information regarding the various formats in which rules may be specified.  Finally, the Pattern Matching Syntax Examples provide specific samples of how pattern matching may be implemented.

          Hope this helps
          Andrea