El Bola @ GALA Theatre specials this week

  • Gala
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2010

      Hi everyone!

      There are some great deals this week for El Bola~ Cuba ’s King of Song at GALA Hispanic Theatre! Please see below!  More information about the play can be found at www.galatheatre.org.

      El Bola~ Cuba ’s King of Song
      World Premiere Musical

      By Hector Quintero ( Cuba )
      Directed by Hugo Medrano
      Musical Direction & Arrangements by Didier Prossaird
      Choreography by Jesús Gonzalez
      Thru June 27, 2010

      This musical revue  celebrates the international career of Afro-Cuban singer, pianist and composer Ignacio "Bola de Nieve" Villa and stars actors and singers from Venezuela , Cuba , Miami and DC.  Also featured is  DC’s very own Sin Miedo-one of the hottest bands in the area.

       In Spanish with English surtitles.

      There’s some of everything to enjoy… Humor, dance, and extraordinary singing!

      To celebrate a successful opening weekend, we're offering exciting deals this week:

      A limited number of Rush Tickets are available for performances for each performance. Rush tickets are $18 and must be purchased in person at the box office between 6:30 and 7:30 pm for 8 pm shows and between 1:30 and 2:30 pm for 3 pm matinees. Please ask for these tickets by name!

      Meet the Artist on Friday, June 11 at 6:30 pm!  Mingle with painter Lázaro Batista, whose work Raices is on display in the GALA lobby, and enjoy theatre at a great price!   Mr. Batista works primarily in oil on canvas, exploring the journey of how one gets to a place and feels once there.  “My work,” states Mr. Batista, “allows me to leave footprints that cannot easily be erased.”   Come early for the exhibition and to meet the artist, tickets are only $18!

      Call (202) 234-7174, visit www.galatheatre.org, or come by the box office early on the day of the performance to purchase tickets!

      GALA Hispanic Theatre

      3333 14th St. NW, Washington , DC 20010

      (202) 234-7174