Back From Hols

  • Madhouse UK
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2013
      Hi All,

      I'm safely back from vacation now and thought you might find it helpful if I
      give you a rundown of what to expect what.

      First job is to get Dungeonworld turns out, which I'd expect to happy
      Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week.
      The special bits; a few items/skills and the shops that didn't get done from
      the special offers may get completed this turn or may run into next turn,
      but there's no need to chase me on them. I haven't forgotten, just managing
      limited time to prevent delays in turn processing.

      Abnormals turns will begin being processed anew on Thursday.

      Twilight Earth and Daemonrift will both be processed before Friday.

      The following week I hope to release my latest batch of "five new areas" for
      DungeonWorld - all of which are not actually new areas, but are new twists
      and turns on old areas that have been refreshed and rejuvenated to provide
      new stuff and plotlines there.

      I also have some promises I made at Minicon to a few players to enact as
      game improvements, which I hope to complete next week.

      Next month, September, several things are happening. I will begin working
      on the new rulebook for DungeonWorld, bringing together all the changes and
      new stuff into one volume alongside the existing supplement books and a new
      one. And including an online interactive version of it, I hope. We'll also
      begin working on the new NVE, which will take several months no doubt.
      Finally, I will be releasing a board game before the end of this year. It's
      a long-time ambition that is finally going to happen! I hope you'll all
      take a look at the first ever Madhouse board game : )

      I'm rejuvenated and ready to push the game onwards and upwards! Let's have
      some fun!

      Steve
      Madhouse UK

    • Michael Bishop
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
        RE: Next month, September, several things are happening. I will begin
        working
        on the new rulebook for DungeonWorld, bringing together all the changes and
        new stuff into one volume alongside the existing supplement books and a new
        one.

        I will certainly be interested in a copy.

        Michael B
      • Albert Sun
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
          Welcome back Steve. Looking forward to the new bonuses and areas to
          explore. The board game sounds like fun as well. I recently discovered
          Settlers of Catan and have enjoyed many hours of board game playing.

        • Wayne Gildroy
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
            Can someone forward me Steve's original email on this (since it has been removed)?  For whatever reason, I never received it and it is not in my Spam Net either.  So, don't know what Albert is talking about.

            ________________________________
            Welcome back Steve. Looking forward to the new bonuses and areas to
            explore. The board game sounds like fun as well. I recently discovered
            Settlers of Catan and have enjoyed many hours of board game playing.

          • Honest Ron
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
              I missed it as well.

              Honest Ron

              _____

              Can someone forward me Steve's original email on this (since it has been
              removed)? For whatever reason, I never received it and it is not in my Spam
              Net either. So, don't know what Albert is talking about.

            • Paul Fretwell
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
                Yahoogroups is being funny again - I've had a couple of email that haven't reached my inbox recently but are nevertheless on the group site.  The message from Steve can be viewed here:

                Paul F

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 28, 2013
                  It is more than the real deal. Ground Zero is the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College PA the night of November 8, all day November 9 and the morning of November 10. We have a conference room with access to conference center refreshments and snacks Saturday November 9.

                  I will be debuting my Live DW RPG game that I might, if it proves worthy, present at next year's Wisbech Minicon. Plus lots of DW conversation (plus the guild leaders of White Tower, Dei Vigilare, Great Library, and Warders will be there -- so there will be "things schemed" that will affect things in DW) and board gaming opportunities.

                  If interested in joining in, let us know!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Paul Fretwell <pauldfretwell@...> wrote:

                  > Yahoogroups is being funny again - I've had a couple of email that haven't reached my inbox recently but are nevertheless on the group site. The message from Steve can be viewed here:

                  > Paul F
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 29, 2013
                    Hoping to see turns soon, but how long is the anticipated game plan delayed please? Obviously some other events have intervened. Would please appreciate an update when you have a mo.

                    Many regards,

                    Paul

                    --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "Madhouse UK" <steve@...> wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    >

                    > I'm safely back from vacation now and thought you might find it helpful if I
                    > give you a rundown of what to expect what.
                    >
                    > First job is to get Dungeonworld turns out, which I'd expect to happy
                    > Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week.
                    > The special bits; a few items/skills and the shops that didn't get done from
                    > the special offers may get completed this turn or may run into next turn,
                    > but there's no need to chase me on them. I haven't forgotten, just managing
                    > limited time to prevent delays in turn processing.
                    >
                    > Abnormals turns will begin being processed anew on Thursday.
                    >
                    > Twilight Earth and Daemonrift will both be processed before Friday.
                    >
                    > The following week I hope to release my latest batch of "five new areas" for
                    > DungeonWorld - all of which are not actually new areas, but are new twists
                    > and turns on old areas that have been refreshed and rejuvenated to provide
                    > new stuff and plotlines there.
                    >
                    > I also have some promises I made at Minicon to a few players to enact as
                    > game improvements, which I hope to complete next week.
                    >
                    > Next month, September, several things are happening. I will begin working
                    > on the new rulebook for DungeonWorld, bringing together all the changes and
                    > new stuff into one volume alongside the existing supplement books and a new
                    > one. And including an online interactive version of it, I hope. We'll also
                    > begin working on the new NVE, which will take several months no doubt.
                    > Finally, I will be releasing a board game before the end of this year. It's
                    > a long-time ambition that is finally going to happen! I hope you'll all
                    > take a look at the first ever Madhouse board game : )
                    >
                    > I'm rejuvenated and ready to push the game onwards and upwards! Let's have
                    > some fun!
                    >
                    > Steve
                    > Madhouse UK

                  • Tony Roberts
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 29, 2013
                      FWIW, NVE turns are ready...

                      -- Tony

                      ________________________________

                      --- In mailto:DungeonWorld%40yahoogroups.com, "Madhouse UK" <steve@...> wrote:

                      > Hi All,
                      >

                      > I'm safely back from vacation now and thought you might find it helpful if I
                      > give you a rundown of what to expect what.
                      >
                      > First job is to get Dungeonworld turns out, which I'd expect to happy
                      > Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week.
                      > The special bits; a few items/skills and the shops that didn't get done from
                      > the special offers may get completed this turn or may run into next turn,
                      > but there's no need to chase me on them. I haven't forgotten, just managing
                      > limited time to prevent delays in turn processing.
                      >
                      > Abnormals turns will begin being processed anew on Thursday.
                      >
                      > Twilight Earth and Daemonrift will both be processed before Friday.
                      >
                      > The following week I hope to release my latest batch of "five new areas" for
                      > DungeonWorld - all of which are not actually new areas, but are new twists
                      > and turns on old areas that have been refreshed and rejuvenated to provide
                      > new stuff and plotlines there.
                      >
                      > I also have some promises I made at Minicon to a few players to enact as
                      > game improvements, which I hope to complete next week.
                      >
                      > Next month, September, several things are happening. I will begin working
                      > on the new rulebook for DungeonWorld, bringing together all the changes and
                      > new stuff into one volume alongside the existing supplement books and a new
                      > one. And including an online interactive version of it, I hope. We'll also
                      > begin working on the new NVE, which will take several months no doubt.
                      > Finally, I will be releasing a board game before the end of this year. It's
                      > a long-time ambition that is finally going to happen! I hope you'll all
                      > take a look at the first ever Madhouse board game : )
                      >
                      > I'm rejuvenated and ready to push the game onwards and upwards! Let's have
                      > some fun!
                      >
                      > Steve
                      > Madhouse UK

                    • Madhouse UK
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29, 2013
                        >> Hoping to see turns soon, but how long is the anticipated game plan
                        delayed please? Obviously some other events have intervened. Would please
                        appreciate an update when you have a mo.<<

                        Not really. I said I'd be running it Tues / Weds and I did. It's just
                        taking a long time.

                        My Mac is in need of some TLC and will be going for repair once the turns
                        are out. Presently, it keeps powerering down for no obvious reason at odd
                        times and meaning I have to restart the runtime of the game. I was up all
                        night messing with it.

                        Managed to get NVEs out already. PDFs are producing now and will be coming
                        in a couple of hours. After which I'm going to bed : )

                        The poorly Mac needs a new power supply, I think. I'm sure I have a spare
                        somewhere.

                        Steve
                        Madhouse UK

                      • Paul
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29, 2013
                          Brilliant thanks Steve...... :-)

                          Have a good night's sleep Steve..... I could have a doze now too,±but i think my colleagues might protest..... :-)