Re: NVE and Offline OEP

  • skirockclimb
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 7, 2013
      that sounds great!! look forward to exploring the new game details. I think it's great that pbem is still around. This is a much more leisurely and in some ways more complex gaming experience than many of the hack and slash video games out there.
    • Paul Hindle
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
        OOC: Yes, I meant what I wrote in the subject line. The Runeforgers R Us Store (950) in the Crownheart Mall is showing as RIP. There's a Giant Kyrian Hamster and a Summoned Stone Animate standing next to the ruins. They were there last turn too, when the store was still standing. I'm not saying that they had anything to do with it though.

        Paul

      • Rene
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
          OOC: The Giant Kyrian Hamster belongs to one of my positions. According to my turn sheet there's no evidence for an attack with deadly outcome. Actually the map shows it's location still as Runeforrgers R Us.
          Perhaps it's an upkeep problem?

          Rene

        • Tony Roberts
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
            OOC,

            It was my fault actually.  I hadn't been paying attention and let the Local Profit drop to 0, which automatically closed the shop down.  Not that it would have made any difference as I never found a way to improve it, despite asking several times if anyone else had.  I threw enough money at it (the ending stats for the other two were Presentation: 256 and Wear & Tear: 153).  It will be dropping 4680gp as well this turn for some lucky person <bg>.

            -- Tony

            ________________________________
            OOC: Yes, I meant what I wrote in the subject line. The Runeforgers R Us Store (950) in the Crownheart Mall is showing as RIP. There's a Giant Kyrian Hamster and a Summoned Stone Animate standing next to the ruins. They were there last turn too, when the store was still standing. I'm not saying that they had anything to do with it though.

            Paul

          • Wayne Gildroy
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
              I am certain that one if the ratings deteriorated below the minimum--which "kills" the shop.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Rene <renesawatzki@...> wrote:

              > OOC: The Giant Kyrian Hamster belongs to one of my positions. According to my turn sheet there's no evidence for an attack with deadly outcome. Actually the map shows it's location still as Runeforrgers R Us.
              > Perhaps it's an upkeep problem?
              >
              > Rene

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
                That's a real pity Tony, I was hoping to hoping to buy more Ice Rune Scimitars from it. All the shops offer some unique items, it's a pity Steve couldn't just make them permanent features instead of them being player run.

                Maybe you could ask him please?

                Thanks

                Paul

              • thomas.crane@sky.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Not sure where my message on this went, Could explain why others havent appeared yet either. I hate this new Sky mail.

                  Anyway shops dies when something reaches 0. Local Profit varies depending on other factors and usually stays above 100. Never seen it drop too low and it shouldnt really especially as this is a speciality shop it should have no competition. Presentation and Wear and Tear are modifiable stats and usually drop every turn at least in my case.

                  When shops die (at least the one I have seen) they dont go away. They end up ownerless and still have an icon on the map. If you can buy something from them, not sure.

                  Thomas

                  ________________________________

                  On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Rene <mailto:renesawatzki%40aol.com> wrote:

                  > OOC: The Giant Kyrian Hamster belongs to one of my positions. According to my turn sheet there's no evidence for an attack with deadly outcome. Actually the map shows it's location still as Runeforrgers R Us.
                  > Perhaps it's an upkeep problem?
                  >
                  > Rene

                • greymistwarloc
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                    I am constantly pumping gold into Presentation and Wear and Tear for my
                    shop. But no matter what I do, Local Profit continues to drop. I sent Steve a
                    message about it once and he reset things but the shop continued in the
                    same pattern as before. Its been below a 100 for a good while now and nothing
                    makes it go up. Guess its only a matter of time before my shop and others
                    are where yours is at.

                    Richard

                  • Tony Roberts
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                      Richard,

                      Yep, that was my outlook on the shop.  I have actually sent a bug report in now regarding it (maybe get some idea of what I was supposed to do to counter the gradual drop in Local Profit as it seems it is only a matter of time before every shop ends up with the same fate).

                      I have asked for him to look at the programming now that it is no more and see if there was a error in the programming when it was initially setup... unless of course Steve always only ever wanted them to have a limited time span.

                      -- Tony

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                        It probably has something to do with location. The normal Fixed Trader Shops are supposed to be set up along road sides in the overland. My guess would be that whatever conditions along roads that exist to influence business don't exist in the Crownheart Mall.

                        I always thought that characters actually buying things from the shops should influence profitability, but since purchasability at a location seems a function of the square rather than the shop, I supposed they can't be tied together in the program.

                        Greg

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                          >> Maybe you could ask him please?<<

                          Nope. : ) But there may be the chance to do more stores in a forthcoming
                          Special Offer for the Minicon . : )

                          Steve
                          Madhouse UK

                        • Tony
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 19, 2013
                            Interestingly, the Runeforgers R Us store has been revived (thanks Steve)... but I am still non the wiser over how to counter the decline in Local Profit.

                            -- Tony

                            PS - Can someone probe Steve at the Minicon over what needs to be done... I would if I was attending but unfortunately I am unable to this year.
                          • greymistwarloc
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 20, 2013
                              I got my first increase in Local Profit this day. So things must be fixed
                              and I can get profits to climb.

                              Thanks Steve!

                              Richard

                            • mhoranl
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 4, 2013
                                Hi Steve,Did Duncan Perham actually join the team then? Thought we would have heard from him by now, if only to say "Hello" and "Welcome back"....?CheersPaul