Bards tale

  • Andy Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 1997
      Any one play that classic c64 game bards tale. Is that where steve got the
      idea from eh?
      Any way its great to have the bards here do they start with fire horns.

      The bard breathes.............................................
    • MadCentral@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 1999
        In a message dated 13/6/99 11:46:06 am, you wrote:

        <<Any one play that classic c64 game bards tale. Is that where steve got the
        idea from eh?
        Any way its great to have the bards here do they start with fire horns.>>

        Are you joking? Bards Tale is my absolute *favourite* *ever* computer game.
        I completed the whole thing in about 8 weeks or when-I-had-the-time
        play and I've never found a game since that so thoroughly captured the
        way I like to play (although Might and Magic does come close). And yes,
        that is a place where some of my inspiration came from, funnily enough,
        when first making Dungeon . Although its grown a lot since then.

        Steve
        -Madhouse UK
      • Mark Howe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 1999
          Hi Steve

          Try Bards Tale was good although highly Abuseable <g>.....have you tried
          some other great Games like Bethesda's "DAGGERFALL" (part of the Elder
          Scrolls Series) this game is huge and filled with content.....you can even
          buy horses, carts, Ships, Houses etc...plus join guilds galore....
          And also Might and Magic VI "Mandate to Heaven" this game is also huge and
          filled with story and detail.

          These two games have been used as inspiration for some of my own roleplaying
          campaigns...

          Mark Howe

        • MadCentral@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 1999
            In a message dated 13/6/99 2:37:08 pm, you wrote:

            <<And also Might and Magic VI "Mandate to Heaven" this game is also huge and
            filled with story and detail.>>

            Im playing it at the moment, in fact... when I get time.
            WHich isnt often. But enough of this, its not list-topic
            I guess.

            Steve
            -Madhouse UK
          • Andrew Hawley
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 1999
              Hi Steve,
              Legacy of kain on the playstation has a cracking storyline to it for a
              computer game, In between all the violence and death of course
              Cheers Andy