Re: The Grey Divide

  • baroness_sofia
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1, 2012
      My Lady Fuschia,

      I am currenly in some woods East of Funland under orders from Dei Elifere to seek out and destroy the Plasmaise threat.

      I am willing to move to the Grey Divide as I have yet to see a Plasmaise, but would appreciate your specific instructions as to which mission takes priority first.

      Trusting this missive finds you in the best of health

      Your Servant

      Eleni, Adamant of Bethseline

      --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Crane <thomas.crane@...> wrote:

      > I am asking that all Crusaders of Bethseline answer this call. Every
      > Crusader of Bethseline who joins this rescue, and survives, will be > Fuschia Cleardawn
      > Lady Crusader of Bethseline

    • Bruno
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 1, 2012
        Lady Fuschia

        I am currently in an arena, probably in the vacinity of Meadowbrook, but I am not entirely sure. I was investigating drug running in the area and was tricked into a portal which took me to the arena. At the moment I am focussing on trying to get out and find out where I am.

        Britney
        Crusader of Bethseline

        --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Crane <thomas.crane@...> wrote:

        > I am asking that all Crusaders of Bethseline answer this call. Every
        > Crusader of Bethseline who joins this rescue, and survives, will be given a
        > Robe of the Moon for their service. For my help in the Mirrormasters Tomb
        > Glazeco are kindly providing funds for this. We currently have two Robes
        > available and we hope that more will become available as the rescue
        > proceeds. If you have need of better Crusader Armour the contacts I have
        > can supply you with these at cost (OOC - The buy price, although I might be
        > able to help out a little)
        >
        > I will be coming along and I hope thats as many of you as possible join me.
        >
        > Fuschia Cleardawn
        > Lady Crusader of Bethseline
        >
        > The Grey Divide
        > A team of priests are missing in the Frontier, their "official" job as
        > missionaries having apparently led them to some mishap. An adventuring
        > rescue party would surely be enough. So why are the church calling for a
        > crack team of powerful clerics and crusaders of every order to join the
        > manhunt? What could be the motivation behind the funding of such a
        > powerful - and expensive - expedition?
        > *An Adventure for Priests and Crusaders only. Existing characters can be
        > moved, but only one per player position. New characters can be started on
        > site with no limitations. Difficulty : Medium-High

      • Thomas Crane
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 2, 2012
          Eleni

          I would prefer if you would come to the Grey Divide. We need all the able
          bodies we can muster.

          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 2, 2012
            Very well Britney.

            Please keep me informed of your progress. Are you a member of the Dei
            Vigilare?

            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 3, 2012
              I will and I am

              Britney

              --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Crane <thomas.crane@...> wrote:

              > Very well Britney.
              >
              > Please keep me informed of your progress. Are you a member of the Dei
              > Vigilare?
              >
              > Fuschia Cleardawn
              > Lady Crusader of Bethseline

            • Bill Mayling
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                Thomas - I have just asked Steve to start a newbie Crusader of Bethseline ( to be named Jeraldine Secundus), just for this Mission.As a rank newbie, she'll likely be in serious need of whatever Lady Fuschia can provide !!

                Real Bill M.

                p.s. I hope this one doesn't lose her sword ...... To: DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                  OOC

                  Thomas -- I have asked Steve to relocate 4 of my Bethseline Crusaders to join this mission, including one who is a Derimant and one who is the Seed Skill Teacher for The People's Champion Crusader skill.

                  Dei Vigilare is sending a sizable contingent of experienced adventurers, including both the current Dei Eligere and his immediate predecessor (resigned) in that position. So, obviously Dei Vigilare takes this mission very seriously as well.

                  Cheers!
                  Wayne

                  > Thomas - I have just asked Steve to start a newbie Crusader
                  > of Bethseline ( to be named Jeraldine Secundus), just for
                  > this Mission.As a rank newbie, she'll likely be in serious
                  > need of whatever Lady Fuschia can provide !!
                  >
                  > Real Bill M.
                  >
                  > p.s. I hope this one doesn't lose her sword ...... To: DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: thomas.crane@...
                  > Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:09:04 +0100
                  > Subject: [DungeonWorld] The Grey Divide

                  >       I am asking that all Crusaders of
                  > Bethseline answer this call. Every
                  >
                  > Crusader of Bethseline who joins this rescue, and survives,
                  > will be given a
                  >
                  > Robe of the Moon for their service. For my help in the
                  > Mirrormasters Tomb
                  >
                  > Glazeco are kindly providing funds for this. We currently
                  > have two Robes
                  >
                  > available and we hope that more will become available as the
                  > rescue
                  >
                  > proceeds. If you have need of better Crusader Armour the
                  > contacts I have
                  >
                  > can supply you with these at cost (OOC - The buy price,
                  > although I might be
                  >
                  > able to help out a little)
                  >

                  > I will be coming along and I hope thats as many of you as
                  > possible join me.
                  >

                  > Fuschia Cleardawn
                  >
                  > Lady Crusader of Bethseline
                  >

                  > The Grey Divide
                  >
                  > A team of priests are missing in the Frontier, their
                  > "official" job as
                  >
                  > missionaries having apparently led them to some
                  > mishap.  An adventuring
                  >
                  > rescue party would surely be enough.  So why are the
                  > church calling for a
                  >
                  > crack team of powerful clerics and crusaders of every order
                  > to join the
                  >
                  > manhunt?  What could be the motivation behind the
                  > funding of such a
                  >
                  > powerful - and expensive - expedition?
                  >
                  > *An Adventure for Priests and Crusaders only.  Existing
                  > characters can be
                  >
                  > moved, but only one per player position.  New
                  > characters can be started on
                  >
                  > site with no limitations.  Difficulty : Medium-High

                  >     DungeonWorld-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                • Michael Crowther
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                    I have not seen so many Crusaders in over a decade since I left Bereny for the Frontier. May I warn you that the ways and conditions here are not what you may be used to so watch your water supplies carefully,

                    Serena DeLange
                    Crusader of Shanna

                    OOC: Who that's a few crusaders:) I don't know if you all now have the thirst stat or if Steve has been "kind". Is there going to be a list set up...........Wayne?

                    Mike

                    THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
                    CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
                    INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
                    OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
                    If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
                    employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
                    intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
                    dissemination, distribution or copying of this
                    communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
                    received this communication in error, please reply to the
                    sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
                    message. Thank You.
                  • Doug Hughes
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                      Can't see a thirst stat on my Priest...

                      maybe we have been "lucky"...

                      Doug

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                        OCC

                        I have seen a character living in Frontier for well over a year with no
                        thirst being triggered...
                        unitl a <L 2> order was entered as <L 0>... the following turn "thirst"
                        arrived

                        So NO <L 0. orders in the Frontier overland would seem to be the order of
                        the day
                        Unless some else can shed some light on the matter to contray this

                        Regards
                        Duncan

                        > I have not seen so many Crusaders in over a decade since I left Bereny for
                        > the Frontier. May I warn you that the ways and conditions here are not
                        > what you may be used to so watch your water supplies carefully,
                        >
                        > Serena DeLange
                        > Crusader of Shanna
                        >
                        > OOC: Who that's a few crusaders:) I don't know if you all now have the
                        > thirst stat or if Steve has been "kind". Is there going to be a list set
                        > up...........Wayne?
                        >
                        > Mike

                        > THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
                        > CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
                        > INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
                        > OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
                        > If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
                        > employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
                        > intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
                        > dissemination, distribution or copying of this
                        > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
                        > received this communication in error, please reply to the
                        > sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
                        > message. Thank You.

                      • Michael Crowther
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                          OOC:

                          New characters don't automatically get the special condition but acquire it generally by issuing L 0 orders in settlements etc as you point out. There was some issue some time ago as well when most, if not all existing characters lost it and though most got it back it wasn't universal.

                          I tend to play fair on this and get the condition as it is a facet of the module and more of an administrative issue like eat/sleep. Thirst in Kyr is far more brutal,

                          Mike

                          I have seen a character living in Frontier for well over a year with no
                          thirst being triggered...
                          unitl a <L 2> order was entered as <L 0>... the following turn "thirst"
                          arrived

                          So NO <L 0. orders in the Frontier overland would seem to be the order of
                          the day
                          Unless some else can shed some light on the matter to contray this

                          Regards
                          Duncan

                          > I have not seen so many Crusaders in over a decade since I left Bereny for
                          > the Frontier. May I warn you that the ways and conditions here are not
                          > what you may be used to so watch your water supplies carefully,
                          >
                          > Serena DeLange
                          > Crusader of Shanna
                          >
                          > OOC: Who that's a few crusaders:) I don't know if you all now have the
                          > thirst stat or if Steve has been "kind". Is there going to be a list set
                          > up...........Wayne?
                          >
                          > Mike

                          > THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
                          > CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
                          > INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
                          > OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
                          > If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
                          > employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
                          > intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
                          > dissemination, distribution or copying of this
                          > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
                          > received this communication in error, please reply to the
                          > sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
                          > message. Thank You.

                          THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
                          CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
                          INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
                          OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
                          If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
                          employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
                          intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
                          dissemination, distribution or copying of this
                          communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
                          received this communication in error, please reply to the
                          sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
                          message. Thank You.
                        • Gregory Croff
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                            OOC

                            More brutal in the deserts to be sure. Not as brutal as the frontier elsewhere. At least from my experience.

                            Greg

                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                              OOC

                              My characters got the thirst stat. That could be a problem if there is not a convenient place to buy liquids that come in water skins.

                              I will set up a group list.

                              Cheers!
                              Wayne

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012

                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                                  I can bring liquids in if necessary using spectral eyes and wisps Wayne. My Frontier interests are quite well developed☺

                                  Actually one of my guys wasn’t moved this turn and he’s on a position with wisps so I’ll have to chase up on that,

                                  Mike

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                                    OOC: Exactly. I only experienced it that brutal recently in the desert leading to the necropolis. I haven't had that kind of trouble on the roads, tracks, and scrub of the rest of Kyr that I been traveling across until now.

                                    Greg

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                                        All my transferred characters got it.

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On Jul 11, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Doug Hughes <doug.hughes@...> wrote:

                                        > Can't see a thirst stat on my Priest...
                                        >
                                        > maybe we have been "lucky"...
                                        >
                                        > Doug
                                        >
                                        > ________________________________

                                      • Michael Crowther
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jul 11, 2012
                                          Wayne you are about as unlucky as me and that is saying something☺

                                          Mike

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 17, 2012
                                            My Lady Fuschia,

                                            I have arrived in the Frontier and believe I can see you and several of our Sisters in Battle. Are there any orders?

                                            Lady Eleni

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jul 17, 2012
                                              Lady Eleni

                                              No orders as of yet, Hoping to sort something out soon.

                                              Fuschia

                                              OOC : Still waiting to be added to the Grey Divide list, When I am we can
                                              sort stuff out.

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jul 17, 2012
                                                OOC

                                                Okay, I'm back in the saddle and just sent out invites to The Grey Divide group to 15 players. If you asked for one and are not already one of the 6 who are currently members, you should get your invite within the next several hours.

                                                If you asked for an invite and did not get one, please let me know off-list and I will re-send an invite.

                                                Cheers!
                                                Wayne

                                              • action_man@blueyonder.co.uk
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jul 17, 2012
                                                  Hello Wayne.

                                                  Please could you send me an invite to The Grey Divide YahooGroup.

                                                  Cheers Adrian.
                                                • Wayne Gildroy
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jul 17, 2012
                                                    Will do!