The Mirror Tomb

  • Thomas Crane
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Oh Dear! I think we may have a rather large problem Ade or should be two, It
      didnt seem so bad until I checked through my turns. I had one character
      attack all turn just incase.. The Goddess of Mirrors (EEEK!) appeared much
      earlier than Phase 14. I think what came out of the tomb is down that
      Mirrored Corridor. The Goddess of Mirrors is immune to Magic and Fire (can
      be hit by cold and normal) Unfortunately Shatterstar did not seem to do much
      damage to her. Either she is not a Mirror Creature or she has a really silly
      DR.

      We need to decide if we concentrate on her and send someone for a look, not
      impressed that this Goddess has appeared next to my support characters and
      the frontline are not nearby....

      Thomas

      I opened the tomb. There was something in it. Something huge and dark and
      terrible. It came out. It flowed North in a stream of silvery light and
      materialised at

      the far end of the corridor. All around me, the walls and ceiling fluctuated
      and changed.

    • Ade Bagley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
        Hmmmmm, it doesn't look great, no! I'd suggest retreating the support
        characters south while the melee types equip weapons and move to meet the
        Goddess of Mirrors. Do we know if she has a ranged attack?

        My enchanter only hit her once with Ice Sprite, and did zero damage. He does
        4-10, so her Cold DR is somewhere in that range.

        I'd advise against sending anyone to scout to the north - if they do find
        something nasty up there, there's always the risk of leading it back south
        to join the fray... If by some miracle we manage to kill the Goddess before
        meeting whatever else is up there, that would have to be better!

        OTOH, it's just possible that there was some hand modding at work here, and
        it was the Goddess that we released.

        Ade

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2011
          I am sure that it was not the goddess we released. Since Niajel was
          attacking it before phase 14.. I have a feeling we may have travelled to
          somewhere else also. I dont expect the stairs to be there when we do head
          back north.

          Niajel only hit for between 1 and 4 with Shatterstar, Which although it
          claims to do 5-7 often does 15+ against Mirror Creatures. That does not bode
          well. So the DR is going to be large. being immune to Magic is going to
          cause some problems also. Thats all my Mirrors and Sonic Rod out of the
          battle too. I guess we equip normal weapons and go in a group. Hopefully our
          overwatch attack will overwhelm before it gets a chance to do anything
          nasty. (I can see Mirror Blindness and Curse becoming common in our group)

          The interesting thing is that the Goddess of Mirrors has the same icon as a
          Maiden of the Mirror. Hopefully we can do this without losing too many
          people. I dont fancy giving this another go lol. Its taken a while to get
          this far. I will move Eta to the entrance to the corridor just to see if she
          can see anything. I must say I am not pleased about the walls becoming
          Mirror Walls again. A huge amount of nothing on the map sheet again <sigh>

          Thomas

          On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Ade Bagley <adrian.bagley@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hmmmmm, it doesn't look great, no! I'd suggest retreating the support
          > characters south while the melee types equip weapons and move to meet the
          > Goddess of Mirrors. Do we know if she has a ranged attack?
          >
          > My enchanter only hit her once with Ice Sprite, and did zero damage. He
          > does
          > 4-10, so her Cold DR is somewhere in that range.
          >
          > I'd advise against sending anyone to scout to the north - if they do find
          > something nasty up there, there's always the risk of leading it back south
          > to join the fray... If by some miracle we manage to kill the Goddess before
          > meeting whatever else is up there, that would have to be better!
          >
          > OTOH, it's just possible that there was some hand modding at work here, and
          > it was the Goddess that we released.
          >
          > Ade

        • Thomas Crane
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 26, 2011
            The Goddess of Mirrors falls before the onslaught. The battered and bruised
            adventurers use what healing they have left and head through the Mirrored
            Corridor. None knowing what they will find when they get there.

            The first through will be the scouting Rogue closely followed by the
            warriors. (Ade not all mine can reach but they will nearly be there)

            It will be interesting to see whats going on this turn. This has been going
            on for ever lol.

            Thomas