Re: Mini-Con 2011?

  • action_man@blueyonder.co.uk
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 1 6:27 AM
      Hello All.

      Well a select few attended the Pub-Meet at The White Swan in LadyBarn, Manchester, and we all had a great time.
      The select few were Keith Nixon, Frank De Vrocht, Bill Mayling, Mark Hayes, Steve Tierny and myself. Andy London arrived on the Saturday and two of his local Hero Fest friends Paul and Linda appeared briefly on Saturday evening and invited us over to theirs to play games, which we did on Sunday morning.
      The first game was Puerto Rico which was played over Friday evening and picked up the next morning.
      We'd all gone out on the town with Mark Hayes to the Gay Bars, which was a larf! Bill was drunk and knocked a Pint of Beer over two women as he was dancing in one of the bars and was later refused entry to a Karoake Bar as he was wearing tracksuit bottoms and was a bit unsteady on his feet, despite the assistance of Mark saying to the bouncer that Bill was his dad.
      The game was resumed the next morning less Frank who was pulled by one of his female work colleagues the night before, his place was taken by Andy London who monaed that Frank's postion was in a very poor state.
      Puerto Rico was won by (Surprise, surprise) Bill.
      We also played Ticket to Ride - Europe, House on Haunted Hill and Tales of the Arabian Nights.
      Sunday was started at Paul and Linda's house about 1000n hrs as the Boozer didn't open till noon and we (Being Bill and myself) didn't want to miss a couple of games with Andy and our new friends. Here we played two games of Settlers won by Andy and the second by Paul. Bill and I were returned to the Pub and we met up with Keith and played three games of Carcasonne which we each won.

      I had a great time and I'm sure we all did. It was a pity a few more of you didn't come along! WE also got a few good unique items in the trading.

      Cheers Adrian.
    • duncan1326@clara.co.uk
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 4 10:46 AM
        Mayhem? ;-)