Re: Player character lethal interaction

  • Bruno
    Message 1 of 251 , Sep 23, 2010
      Being against something and killing it are two very different things.

      Pissing off the Church by pissing off the King is something that would cause many Crusaders pause for thought.

      --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "Crowther, Mike" <crowthem@...> wrote:

      > As said I believe DW is still a role-playing game. What that means is that characters have free will. They don't need to fit into any existing rigid stereotypes if they choose not to and applying any historical fact or fantasy literature perspectives to DW may prove to be unsafe. This is further complicated because Bereny and the other areas are evolving as we play and even Steve may sometimes be surprised by how things go.
      >
      > Presuming that the Crusading orders are akin to Christian Knights, or some such other parallel, may be incorrect. Of course in the case of Shanna there are in-game reasons to suggest they should be really anti-undead. Having said that despite his public statements the High Priest has chosen not to go against the King on this one and at least one crusader has been cast down when she spoke out against the Lady Crusader of Shanna I believe.
      >
      > I don't think anyone has missed any boat. Things change and evolve. Once upon a time there were two PC Greater vampires. Gradually the numbers have increased. Your opinion of isolated incidents and a "plague" may be very different indeed. That is certainly the thinking of Stryker for instance. Once upon a time the Tower had a vampire in it. The experience was not a positive one. Since then he and the Tower have set themselves against undead and that degree of antithesis is increasing exponentially,

    • Wayne Gildroy
      Message 251 of 251 , Oct 4, 2010
        OOC

        Yes. It makes it look like there is a lot of near term rehashing when in fact it is just some late September exchanges finally getting delivered.