RE: [dwtimeofthunder] Re: In the DEmon Castle

  • Bill Mayling
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hi, Bruno, thanks for asking ! OOC, just reflecting on the Event, I can see a few mistakes I made in the planning and I certainly should have remembered that organising Gamers to a strict time-table is like herding cats <sigh>

      The pub(s) let me down on a few small things, like not opening until 1200 on a Sunday (e.g Andy and Steve were stuck outside the BBH for 40 mins, while the other 8 of us blithely did Ed's General Knowledge Quiz in the breakfast room, with music drowning-out their banging on the locked doors and also my mobile !!).

      The Anchor has a great web-site, but the staff, although very helpful and very willing, do not seem to know much about it (e.g. no Treasure Trail). Also, someone misread what I thought were very clear directions and sat in the BBH for over an hour, before being told by the BBH staff that we were in the Anchor .... doh !

      The room was too cramped, especially when baby Aidan came in and started kicking stuff over <lol>, but generally speaking we managed the space pretty efficiently, everybody mucked in to help and I think everybody had a good time. Andy's play went down a real reat - the pub's smokers seemd amused - and a friend of mine nearly had seizures over the old Goblin Bucket joke ......

      We drank the Anchor dry of Friars Old Habit (but not the Dungeonworld Special) - Lots of iPrizes were won (at least 2 per player) and loads of information was exchanged, lots of laughs were had. Four Guilds will get some good stuff, so all in all it was well worth doing. However, we will definitely need to spend more and get a bigger room for next time ... ... quite probably in Manchester at the proposed NixonCon !!

      Real Bill M.

      p.s. IC the full formal results andgrateful thanks to sponsors will appear shortly.

      To: dwtimeofthunder@yahoogroups.com
      From: alber1ch@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:35:37 +0000
      Subject: [dwtimeofthunder] Re: In the DEmon Castle

      How did it go Bill?

      --- In dwtimeofthunder@yahoogroups.com, Bill Mayling <realbillM@...> wrote:

      > OOC: Someone at the Pubmeet asked me with what my "Nun with a Gun" was equipped.

      > I said it was a Sorcery Cannon, then got distracted.

      > If you remember who you are ... ask me again what you wanted !

      > Second of all, FYI, my crew just entered, so will just move straight down the Hall

      > to the doors at the bottom, en route to the Magical Trader.

      > Real Bill M.

      > p.s. God, I HATE this new lay-out/version of Hotmail - grrrrr !!!!!

    • arm.mcmillan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
        Hi all,
        Does anyone have a ist of the different Fae classes with their restrictions
        and if they have Fae powers.

        Thanks
        Andy
      • Crowther, Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
          Pixies are restricted to tiny equipment and have only 8 backpack slots........

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
            .. and, after looking at the great image on my first FWM turn (many years ago), it hacked me off mightily to find that Fae Warrior Maidens "may have diaphanous wings, but have long lost the power of flight". They do use the EWM Skill Set, but do not have any special Fae powers. I have recently started another, on the Fae Lands mission.

            Real Bill M.

            To: DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com
            From: crowthem@...
            Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:06:12 -0700
            Subject: RE: [DungeonWorld] Fae help needed

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
              If anyone has a Pixie, Glazeco has one going for free!

              Thomas

              On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Bill Mayling <realbillM@...>wrote:

              > .. and, after looking at the great image on my first FWM turn (many years
              > ago), it hacked me off mightily to find that Fae Warrior Maidens "may have
              > diaphanous wings, but have long lost the power of flight". They do use the
              > EWM Skill Set, but do not have any special Fae powers. I have recently
              > started another, on the Fae Lands mission.
              >
              > Real Bill M.

            • Crowther, Mike
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
                Sorry Thomas I'm being dense, one what...a pixie or an item for a Pixie. I have one and would be interested in gear for him as he's the devil to keep alive.......

                Mike