Contacting Those in the Gold Cost Brigand Lair

  • stars_fan_2001
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
      John Awdeley here.

      I'll be opening that locked door on phase one (will try twice...just in case I fail).

      Let's all go in and kill us some Brigands. I lay claim to the Lair Loot on the left. Please feel free to take the other two for yourselves.

      Good hunting.
    • Bill Moore
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2010
        Which Brigand Lair? ;)

        --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "stars_fan_2001" <stars_fan_2001@...> wrote:

        > John Awdeley here.
        >
        > I'll be opening that locked door on phase one (will try twice...just in case I fail).
        >
        > Let's all go in and kill us some Brigands. I lay claim to the Lair Loot on the left. Please feel free to take the other two for yourselves.
        >
        > Good hunting.

      • Haakon R.
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5, 2010
          Thanks for this message. My SeaFolk guy tried to open a locked door last turn (as SeaFolk was supposed to have Rogue skills) but couldn't. Not sure if its a bug, or supposed to be that way.

          We will move forwards from turn 3 onwards then. Let's slay them all....get some loot, and then buy lots and lots of healing from the trader:)

          Cactus Jack and friends

        • wrgild@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
            OOC

            Have lockpicks?

            Thanks for this message. My SeaFolk guy tried to open a locked door last turn (as SeaFolk was supposed to have Rogue skills) but couldn't. Not sure if its a bug, or supposed to be that way.

            We will move forwards from turn 3 onwards then. Let's slay them all....get some loot, and then buy lots and lots of healing from the trader:)

            Cactus Jack and friends

            --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Moore" <billm@...> wrote:

            > Which Brigand Lair? ;)
            >
            > --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "stars_fan_2001" <stars_fan_2001@> wrote:
            > >
            > > John Awdeley here.
            > >
            > > I'll be opening that locked door on phase one (will try twice...just in case I fail).
            > >
            > > Let's all go in and kill us some Brigands. I lay claim to the Lair Loot on the left. Please feel free to take the other two for yourselves.
            > >
            > > Good hunting.

          • Haakon R.
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
              Yes, I have Lockpics....that's why I suspect it may be a bug.....
              I sent in a bug report, and we'll see what happens...

              --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, wrgild@... wrote:

              > OOC
              >
              > Have lockpicks?

            • Bill Moore
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                OOC: Did you start with them or buy them though? I always assumed if you
                didn't start with them, you couldn't open doors?

                Messages in this topic (5)
                1b. Re: Contacting Those in the Gold Cost Brigand Lair
                Posted by: "Haakon R." haakon.monsen@... haakon.monsen
                Date: Tue Apr 6, 2010 5:49 am ((PDT))

                --
                Ymwadiad:

                Er y cymerir pob gofal posib i sicrhau cywirdeb unrhyw wybodaeth a chyngor a roddir yn yr ohebiaeth hon, ni dderbynnir atebolrwydd am unrhyw golledion a all godi o unrhyw gamgymeriadau sy'n gynwysedig ac fe'ch atgoffir o'r angen i chi ofyn am gyngor proffesiynol eich hun.

                Bwriedir y neges ebost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau iddi, at sylw'r person(au) y'i danfonwyd atynt yn unig. Os nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y cyfeiriwyd y neges hon ato ef neu hi, neu'r person sydd gyfrifol am drosglwyddo'r neges hon iddo ef neu hi, mi ddylech hysbysu'r anfonwr ar eich union. Oni bai mai chi yw'r person neu gynrychiolydd y person y cyfeiriwyd y neges hon at ef neu hi nid ydych wedi eich awdurdodi i, ac ni ddylech chi, ddarllen, copio, dosbarthu, defnyddio na chadw’r neges hon nac unrhyw gyfran ohoni.

                O dan y Ddeddf Amddiffyn Data 1998 a Deddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000 gellir datgelu cynnwys y negest ebost hon.

                Disclaimer:

                While reasonable care is taken to ensure the correctness of any information and advice given in this correspondence no liability is accepted for losses arising from any errors contained in it and you are reminded of the need to obtain your own professional advice.

                The information in this email and any attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorised to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it.

                Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.
              • Haakon R.
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                  OOC: I didn't start with Lockpicks...they were bought.....but the Scouts in Steamworks don't start with LockPicks either, but CAN use them, so I assumed the same went for SeaFolk in Golden Coast.

                  After all....thats one of the main reasons I started a Seafolk anyway, always good to have a lockopener on the team.....

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                    Which lair is this? I'm in one west of Karlistane...

                    Six Bellies McGraw

                    Date: Tue Apr 6, 2010 5:49 am ((PDT))

                  • action_man@blueyonder.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                      Hi Guy's.

                      Lockpicks do work!!!
                      My group have steadily been whittled down and in turn have whittled down a group of Coastal Brigands in their Lair SE of Solithane(Sp?).
                      Lots of Locked Doors taking several attempts at unlocking by my Dwarven Rogue.
                      If you are entering My Lair, we took the left corridor which dead ended. I have lost a Dwarven Fighter and a Dwarven Priest so far, although this turn my Human Ninja Belkar Boltar killed 12 Coastal Brigands.

                      Cheers Adrian.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                        Hi:)

                        Ye, I know Lockpicks do work, but my problem was my SeaFolk was apparently unable to use them properly, and as they were supposed to have Rogue skillset, I wondered if that was a bug....

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                          Yes, We're also west of Karlistane.......entered 3 or 4 turns ago, and have fought our way down to what seems to be the "main" room of the Lair, containing Lair loot and a Magic Trader (which will hopefully provide some MUCH needed healing next turn)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                            OOC

                            No, Derwentian Scouts don't start with them and, once lockpicks are acquired, they can unlock doors.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 7, 2010
                              OOC

                              Might want to move these conversations to the gold coasters group list.

                              Southeast of Soluthina is water. My lot sees a Brigand lair south/southwest of Soluthina and is approaching it en masse.

                              Cheers!
                              Wayne

                              Cheers!
                              Wayne