To The Abyss !

  • Wayne Gildroy
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2008
      People of Bereny!

      The banners of Dei Vigilare are rising before a host of Gods' Vigilant who are mustering to march upon The Abyss -- where, in the name of The Gods of Light, all those who practice daemonology, and all writings and instruments which aid them in the heresies of those evil practices, shall perish before the flames and swords which we shall visit upon them!

      If you seek the same destruction of all that would aid or seek the release of daemons upon our beloved Kingdom of Bereny, you are welcome to join us!

      Baron Amdrel Gettleman
      Dei Eligere, Dei Vigilare
    • Wayne Gildroy
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2008
        <Jacinda de Raelocena gazed out through the peephole, looked at her Chaos Axe, and then looked out again through the peephole.>

        "Ummm...you know, Miz Azzy....ummm...I don't, like, think that those are doppely gangas out there. I think, like, that those might really be Mr. Stixy and Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut. I have been thinking about Mr. Stixy's story about my loser brother and...I think he might be telling, like the truth and all...at least mostly...."

        "Maybe we better let them in before they get mad and all.... besides ... <giggle> ... Mr. Stixy gets kind of, like, cute when he gets all mad ... but I wonder what Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut meant by Mr. Stixy being luud <?!?> with half of an elf? Hopefully Mr. Stixy didn't, like, hack, an elf in half because he was so upset!!! I could see why that would make Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut so mad!!

        "Oh...oh...we better let them in before Mr. Stixy hacks up more elves and, like, gets himself in real trouble!!"

        <at that, Jacinda starts to fiddle with the door lock>

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
          Baron Gettleman,

          Hmmm... far be it from me to presume, Baron, but is it really the place of a
          private society such as the Dei Vigilare to proclaim a crusade, and that is
          what I believe it is, to wherever they fancy? My understanding was that that
          was the sole prerogative of the various Lord Crusaders, who have been
          conspicuously silent on the issue. Perhaps someone with a more detailed
          knowledge of the legislation and regulations involved could let us know?

          Not that I'm disputing the destination specified sounds like it could do
          with a visit from official representatives of the six, you understand...

          Your Servant,

          Lord Ralph Devorance,
          Adamant of Selador

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
            Lord Ralph Devorance,

            The purpose of Dei Vigilare is to ferret out evil and the minions of darkness wherever they might be lurking at put them to the sword and the flame.

            Daemonology is not only well-known to be heretical, but also well-known to be outlawed. Accordingly, responding to it with violence requires no external permissions or approvals.

            I live in service to The Gods of Light and I would be remiss in my responsibilities as Dei Eligere of Dei Vigilare if I did not call upon all of Gods' Vigilant to march on The Abyss and see to the destruction of all forms of daemonological perversion and heresy that fester within that abominable place.

            The province of publicly declaring a Crusade, which a reading of my statement below will reveal that I have not purported to do, belongs--in my mind--to His Grace, the High Priest of the Church of Bereny.

            I will acknowledge that, to an audience limited to Gods' Vigilant, I have declared this venture to be a Dei Vigilare "crusade"--but I would not presume to have the right to declare a "Crusade" to the general populace of Bereny. That may only be done through exercise of the power and authority by His Grace, the High Priest--in my opinion.

            Obviously, if His Grace, the High Priest, were to formally declare a "Crusade" in this case, Dei Vigilare would join and meld itself to such a holy endeavor. Equally, should one or more of the Lord Crusaders wish to call upon his or her Order to march on The Abyss, Dei Vigilare would welcome their comradeship in such a righteous endeavor.

            May The Gods of Light Bless you!

            Baron Amdrel Gettleman
            Dei Eligere, Dei Vigilare

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
              (Azzy looked on as Jacinda worked on the lock. Sunny, being concerned
              about doppelygangers, quickly took little Morty and Lizbeth upstairs
              to safety.)

              "Sure Jaci, you just let them in. Do whatever the dwarf says. Cook
              his meals, mend his socks... geez... some women... wouldn't see ME
              doin' that... (grumble)" Azzy's mood soured a bit, realizing that
              Jaci was a sucker for ah, certain things.

              *********

              "Looks like they're opening the door." Morgut now enjoyed a trickle
              of blood from his nose.
              "Well 'a course, 'gut. They don't wanna see me hurt ya, hehe." Stix
              had gained some fresh bruises himself.
              "Eh, you should talk. I had you beat." But by this point the dwarf
              had other things in mind.
              "C'mon babycakes, get th' Stonebreaker out cause Big Daddy's comin' home!"

              *********

              Johnny Sevenlimes was less pleased but still had gained something from
              the night. His long-time henchman, Will the Vise, agreed.
              "We got this one at least. I say they'll pay 200 ta let him out."
              "300 easy. His Fatness is loaded."
              "Yeah, an' Bubba will be in a good mood tonight. Hehe."

              Leading the cart containing a trussed-up Jeluaz, the Red Mountain
              guardhouse loomed large.

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
                Now while the Dei Vigilare is a private organization sponsored by the
                Crown for the purpose of adventuring, I think it is acceptable to let
                them declare their efforts "a crusade". We all realize it is not a
                church-directed activity, and is aimed toward the destruction of
                horrid beasts and wicked daemonologic practices. Certainly a good
                thing to do, yes indeed.

                Abbot Layton Squidge,
                Councillor, Crownheart

                --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Moore" <billm@...> wrote:

                > Baron Gettleman,
                >
                > Hmmm... far be it from me to presume, Baron, but is it really the
                place of a
                > private society such as the Dei Vigilare to proclaim a crusade, and
                that is
                > what I believe it is, to wherever they fancy? My understanding was
                that that
                > was the sole prerogative of the various Lord Crusaders, who have been
                > conspicuously silent on the issue. Perhaps someone with a more detailed
                > knowledge of the legislation and regulations involved could let us know?
                >
                > Not that I'm disputing the destination specified sounds like it could do
                > with a visit from official representatives of the six, you understand...
                >
                > Your Servant,
                >
                > Lord Ralph Devorance,
                > Adamant of Selador
              • Wayne Gildroy
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
                  <A previously locked door swings open.>

                  "Oh, hey Holy High Priest, Mr. Morgut. Why...your nose is bleeding!!! ... you come right in and, like, let Mz Sunny take care of that!"

                  <As High Priest Morgut Turnipcutter stepped over the threshold...>

                  "Oh, Mr. Stixy <Jacinda is pointing to behind Stix> is that your coin purse on the ground back there?"

                  <As Stix turns around to look...>

                  <SLAM!!!!! Sound of bolt closing; sound of lock locking, sound of door bar dropping>

                  "Now, Mr. Stixy, explain, like, what being 'luud' to half an elf means!"

                  <The head of Jeluaz ("Jelly") de Raelocena was throbbing like an cavern giant's beating heart, but at least he had regained consciousness.>

                  "Bugger..." <Jelly thought to himself> ... "can't a guy go outside to get rid of some used ale without some bounty hunters pouncing on them? .... <looking around mournfully> well apparently not ...."

                  "Well, Stix won't be there to bail me out this time..." <Jelly continued to think to himself> ..."Time to see about using of some of the lessons I've learned from Stix along the way...."

                  <Stix told enough stories regarding his various and sundry far-fetched escape since Jelly had started drinking with him and Jelly tried to learn a few of Stix's tricks along the way. Well...this would certainly be time to try one of them.>

                  <Jelly's hands were tied behind his back as typical, so Jelly slowly worked his bound hands to the back of his belt and deftly plucked out a small, but razor sharp blade. After cutting himself a time or two...in retrospect the blood made things a bit easier to get out of the rope, Jelly managed to free his hands just as the wagon was trundling up the approach to the guard house. Desperately, Jelly realized that there was no time to cut or untie the ropes that bound his feet, so he quickly stood and, grabbing the back of the cart, somersaulted off the back, landing with a thud--but still on his feet.>

                  <Johnny Sevenlimes and Will the Vise first turned to look at each other with a "What the h_ll was that!" expression and both turned to first see that their cart was unexpectedly empty but then see a shadowy figure madly hopping away like some large version of Derwentian kid's pogo stick.>

                  "He's getting away!" Will the Vise blurted as Johnny Sevenlimes and he spotted Jelly hopping into a nearby alley.

                  <As he hopped madly down the dark alley, Jelly realized that there was no way this was going to work. Just then...to make things worse...all the jumping, when combined with the loosening his belt's tension to get out his blade, caused Jelly's pants to suddenly fall down! Thankfully, Jelly managed to bow his legs at the knees just enough to keep his pants from falling below his knees...but suddenly he felt ... er ... his now-exposed 'self' flailing about with each jump.>

                  <Hopping quickly to his right down yet another side alley, Jelly heard the two bounty hunters rapidly closing the distance. Then...just as he had about decided to turn and attempt to fend off the two pursuers with his blade...an highly unusual thing happened ... Fate actually smiled, in a manner of speaking, upon Jeluaz de Raelocena....>

                  <A door suddenly popped open revealing a very portly and fairly "unattactive" servant woman who was about to throw out some garbage. Without missing a heart beat, Jelly flashed his winning toothy smile at her and bounded through the open door while still 'flailing' about, which seemed to mesmerize the woman.>

                  <As Jelly then quickly, but quietly, closed the door onto the alley behind him, Jelly smiled at the woman, winked, and whispered>

                  "Hey there, good looking..."

                  ****

                  <Johnny Sevenlimes and Will the Vise never managed to find Jelly, although both swore that they would not stop looking until they found him.>

                  <As for Jelly...well, it was a 'memorable' night, although not in the type of way that a guy would usually prefer to remember...but at least it did not involve someone named 'Bubba' ... although he realized much later that he never did inquire as to her name ... >

                  <Before dawn the next morning, Jelly managed to make his way out of Red Mountain Keep and proceeded to endeavor to maximize the distance between himself and RMK before the sun came up. His old Walker buddy Father Jack had told him about some new dungeon being discovered to the southeast of Torlia where Father Jack and his buddies were headed. There were probably monsters there capable of swallowing you whole...but after the past several days that didn't sound all that bad to Jelly. So, day by day, Jelly steadily made his way overland toward the legendary Tower in the Mists.>

                  (Azzy looked on as Jacinda worked on the lock. Sunny, being concerned
                  about doppelygangers, quickly took little Morty and Lizbeth upstairs
                  to safety.)

                  "Sure Jaci, you just let them in. Do whatever the dwarf says. Cook
                  his meals, mend his socks... geez... some women... wouldn't see ME
                  doin' that... (grumble)" Azzy's mood soured a bit, realizing that
                  Jaci was a sucker for ah, certain things.

                  *********

                  "Looks like they're opening the door." Morgut now enjoyed a trickle
                  of blood from his nose.
                  "Well 'a course, 'gut. They don't wanna see me hurt ya, hehe." Stix
                  had gained some fresh bruises himself.
                  "Eh, you should talk. I had you beat." But by this point the dwarf
                  had other things in mind.
                  "C'mon babycakes, get th' Stonebreaker out cause Big Daddy's comin' home!"

                  *********

                  Johnny Sevenlimes was less pleased but still had gained something from
                  the night. His long-time henchman, Will the Vise, agreed.
                  "We got this one at least. I say they'll pay 200 ta let him out."
                  "300 easy. His Fatness is loaded."
                  "Yeah, an' Bubba will be in a good mood tonight. Hehe."

                  Leading the cart containing a trussed-up Jeluaz, the Red Mountain
                  guardhouse loomed large.

                  --- In DungeonWorld@ yahoogroups. com, Wayne Gildroy <wrgild@...> wrote:

                  > <Jacinda de Raelocena gazed out through the peephole, looked at her
                  Chaos Axe, and then looked out again through the peephole.>

                  > "Ummm...you know, Miz Azzy....ummm. ..I don't, like, think that those
                  are doppely gangas out there. I think, like, that those might really
                  be Mr. Stixy and Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut. I have been thinking
                  about Mr. Stixy's story about my loser brother and...I think he might
                  be telling, like the truth and all...at least mostly...."

                  > "Maybe we better let them in before they get mad and all.... besides
                  ... <giggle> ... Mr. Stixy gets kind of, like, cute when he gets all
                  mad ... but I wonder what Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut meant by Mr.
                  Stixy being luud <?!?> with half of an elf? Hopefully Mr. Stixy
                  didn't, like, hack, an elf in half because he was so upset!!! I could
                  see why that would make Holy High Priesty Mr. Morgut so mad!!

                  > "Oh...oh...we better let them in before Mr. Stixy hacks up more
                  elves and, like, gets himself in real trouble!!"

                  > <at that, Jacinda starts to fiddle with the door lock>

                • Bill Mayling
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 2, 2008
                    Dei Eligere, we hear your summons. Unfortunately, the Duchess has just provided us with Charms to get to Mirrormane - with the intention of joining Lady Jasmine (and others) on a mission to the Castle of the alleged Vampire, Count Kainen. We could discuss the matter with our companions (3 who serve Shanna, and a Ranger) and try to get them all to join our DV Crusade to the Abyss ?

                    Would it take an inordinate amount of time to get there, from Mirrormane ?? We do not have much cash for IGW transport, but we could walk x-country, if its worthwhile ?? Whichever you think is the most detestable evil to eradicate, Count Kainen or the Abyss, we will obey.

                    yours in respect,
                    Jeraldine L'Amoreuse, and Squire Janice,
                    Order of Bethseline and DV.

                    To: DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.comFrom: wrgild@...: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:05:39 -0800Subject: [DungeonWorld] To The Abyss !

                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                      Gods' Vigilant Jeraldine L'Amoreuse and Janice,

                      Those among Gods' Vigilant who pledge themselves to the Dei Vigilare mission at the Castle of Count Kainen need not answer the call to march on The Abyss. Please announce the timing of your arrival and your intentions regarding the Castle of Count Kainen to the Dei Vigilare Field Commander at that location.

                      Be Pure! Be Vigilant!
                      Dei Eligere

                      To: DungeonWorld@ yahoogroups. comFrom: wrgild@yahoo. comDate: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:05:39 -0800Subject: [DungeonWorld] To The Abyss !

                      People of Bereny!The banners of Dei Vigilare are rising before a host of Gods' Vigilant who are mustering to march upon The Abyss -- where, in the name of The Gods of Light, all those who practice daemonology, and all writings and instruments which aid them in the heresies of those evil practices, shall perish before the flames and swords which we shall visit upon them!If you seek the same destruction of all that would aid or seek the release of daemons upon our beloved Kingdom of Bereny, you are welcome to join us!Baron Amdrel GettlemanDei Eligere, Dei Vigilare

                      Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobile
                      http://clk.atdmt com/UKM/go/ msnnkmgl00100000 01ukm/direct/ 01/

                    • svachal
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                        (SLAM!!)

                        OW! Aw, right on the nose! If you wuz anyone else so help me! I'd
                        take that lute a' yours and stick it...

                        What? Whaddya mean lewd ta half an' elf? If yer gonna do an elf ya
                        wanna do all a' her, not just half! Well... maybe if it were half
                        price? I guess ya could negot-- what? Jammi, darlin', are ya gonna
                        listen ta fatty now jes because he's th' High Priest? T'ch, I've
                        known 'gut a long long time. He's a lot a' things but damn sure I
                        ain't gonna declare him any paragon a' virtue.

                        Now OPEN TH' DOOR ALREADY! Yer separating a dwarf from his whisky,
                        girlie! I know ya got more brains in yer head than that!

                        Nah, he prolly meant I was RUDE ta some elf 'er somethin'. Ya know
                        how they are! A good slap on the rear always gets an elf girl's
                        attention and a good slap ta the back a' th' head for the men gets
                        them movin'. Then they start lookin' ta cry and aw ain't it priceless
                        th' poor lil' babies. Ah, them elves. Haw-haw!

                        Now enough jabber! Open th' door cause I gotta get me a drink! That
                        Stonebreaker ain't getting any older!

                        (Assorted pounding on the door follows.)

                        *********

                        Morgut looks on as his loving wife dotes on him. "That Stix. Never
                        changes a bit. (sigh) Too much whisky and brawling."

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                          <After a few minutes, Stix hears the door bar lifted, the deadbolt open, and the lock issue forth an encouraging 'click'>

                          <The door opens slightly and a feminine hand clutching a bottle of Stonebreaker emerges through the gap. Jacinda's voice emerges from around the door itself.>

                          "Now, before I accidentally lose my grip on this, like, really, really slippery bottle....what did you say you were going to do with my lute?"

                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                            Stix's eyes narrow. Things just got serious. Very serious. The
                            words become very even, very carefully chosen.

                            "Oh you heard me clear enough, Jammi darlin'. But I give you a little
                            consideration, bein' my girl an' all. Y'know I wouldna' do that to
                            ya. I let you get away with stuff like that 'cuz yer my sweetie."

                            The stone bottle turns a little in Jacinda's hand. It's the rarest of
                            the rare - Stonebreaker Black. 80 years brewed to go down your throat
                            like hellfire - the sweetest hellfire any dwarf could drink. Even
                            finding a keg was like striking a vein of gold.

                            "Now let yer Big Daddy in before ya do somethin' we'll both regret,
                            babycakes."

                            **********

                            Azzy watched intently. So dramatic. She had so carefully set the
                            rarest bottle of Stonebreaker where Jacinda would find it. Now you
                            could feel the intensity! It made her feel so wonderfully alive!

                            What more could a person ask for?

                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                              "Say 'Please' "

                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                                Stix's fist clenched, among other things. The sound of knuckles
                                popping scared away stray dogs as they foraged nearby. If that hadn't
                                done it the sound of grinding teeth would have.

                                ".....things I do fer whis- I mean fer a pretty girl.", he muttered.
                                If other dwarves heard about this the ribbing would never end no
                                matter how many fights came from it. The word came out harder than
                                giving birth, one thick choking syllable at a time.

                                "Puh...lee...zuh"

                                Inside, Azzy had to bite her fist to keep from giggling.

                              • wrgild@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008

                                  Stix's fist clenched, among other things. The sound of knuckles
                                  popping scared away stray dogs as they foraged nearby. If that hadn't
                                  done it the sound of grinding teeth would have.

                                  ".....things I do fer whis- I mean fer a pretty girl.", he muttered.
                                  If other dwarves heard about this the ribbing would never end no
                                  matter how many fights came from it. The word came out harder than
                                  giving birth, one thick choking syllable at a time.

                                  "Puh...lee...zuh"

                                  Inside, Azzy had to bite her fist to keep from giggling.

                                  --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Gildroy <wrgild@...> wrote:

                                  > "Say 'Please' "

                                • Bill Mayling
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 3, 2008
                                    Thank-you, Dei Vigilare - then we shall continue as planned, to the Vampire's Lair.Crusader Jeraldine.

                                    To: DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.comFrom: wrgild@...: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 06:26:31 -0800Subject: RE: [DungeonWorld] To The Abyss !

                                    Gods' Vigilant Jeraldine L'Amoreuse and Janice,Those among Gods' Vigilant who pledge themselves to the Dei Vigilare mission at the Castle of Count Kainen need not answer the call to march on The Abyss. Please announce the timing of your arrival and your intentions regarding the Castle of Count Kainen to the Dei Vigilare Field Commander at that location. Be Pure! Be Vigilant!Dei Eligere--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Bill Mayling <realbillM@...> wrote:From: Bill Mayling <realbillM@...>Subject: RE: [DungeonWorld] To The Abyss !To: dungeonworld@yahoogroups.comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 8:25 PMDei Eligere, we hear your summons. Unfortunately, the Duchess has just provided us with Charms to get to Mirrormane - with the intention of joining Lady Jasmine (and others) on a mission to the Castle of the alleged Vampire, Count Kainen. We could discuss the matter with our companions (3 who serve Shanna, and a Ranger) and try to get them all to join our DV Crusade to the Abyss ?Would it take an inordinate amount of time to get there, from Mirrormane ?? We do not have much cash for IGW transport, but we could walk x-country, if its worthwhile ?? Whichever you think is the most detestable evil to eradicate, Count Kainen or the Abyss, we will obey.yours in respect,Jeraldine L'Amoreuse, and Squire Janice,Order of Bethseline and DV.To: DungeonWorld@ yahoogroups. comFrom: wrgild@yahoo. comDate: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:05:39 -0800Subject: [DungeonWorld] To The Abyss !People of Bereny!The banners of Dei Vigilare are rising before a host of Gods' Vigilant who are mustering to march upon The Abyss -- where, in the name of The Gods of Light, all those who practice daemonology, and all writings and instruments which aid them in the heresies of those evil practices, shall perish before the flames and swords which we shall visit upon them!If you seek the same destruction of all that would aid or seek the release of daemons upon our beloved Kingdom of Bereny, you are welcome to join us!Baron Amdrel GettlemanDei Eligere, Dei Vigilare ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobilehttp://clk.atdmt com/UKM/go/ msnnkmgl00100000 01ukm/direct/ 01/[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                  • svachal
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 4, 2008
                                      Happy day! Isn't it a happy day when lovers are reunited?

                                      See Stix, joy on his face, as he embraces his beloved. "Aw baby, I'll
                                      never let us be separated again!"

                                      Surely the dwarf and his stonecrafted bottle of whisky will live a
                                      long and happy life together!

                                      --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, wrgild@... wrote:

                                      > "<giggle> ah, Mr Stixy.... You are sooooo cute when you get mad!
                                      <giggle>. Okay, I'm not going to move. You come take the Stonebreaker
                                      out of my hand... And then you can come in! <giggle>"

                                    • wrgild@yahoo.com
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 4, 2008
                                        "<giggle>. And he's sooooo cute (!!) when he is being silly too! That bottle won't last the night...unlike me! <giggle> ....
                                        ..
                                        ... But I still wonder what he, like, did with the other half of that elf ....."