Re: Crusader Items?

  • Steve Tierney
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
      >>Do crusader keeps sell advanced crusader items?<<

      They do now.

      Steve
      Madhouse UK
    • Joey
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
        Cool, cheers Steve.

        Joey

      • Wayne Gildroy
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
          OOC

          Wow! I guess Honest Ron was right. Wow . . . .

          Need to get on OEP when I get home and change an order for a Crusader currently at a Crusaders Keep to see what has happened.

          Cheers!
          Wayne

          Steve Tierney <steve@...> wrote:
          >>Do crusader keeps sell advanced crusader items?<<

          They do now.

          Steve
          Madhouse UK

        • alber1ch
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, "Honest Ron" <goingtohell@...>
            wrote:

            > Very good now to find one :-)

            Wouldn't it be convenient if one was to be built at the north west end
            of the Augustcon road....
          • Derrian
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
              Nice one :o)

              Derrian

              _____

              On Behalf Of Steve Tierney

              They do now.

              Steve
              Madhouse UK

              _

            • Derrian
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                Wayne,

                I absolutely knew you'd be straight off to the nearest keep :o)

                Let me know what you find.

                Cheers

                Derrian

              • Wayne Gildroy
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                  OOC

                  Derrian,

                  Why would that be? Might it be related to that rumor that I have over 35 Crusader characters being actively played? lol

                  Fortunately, I luckily just happen to have a Crusader character at a Crusaders' Keep. Just a matter of trying to guess which L order I need to submit to find out . . .

                  Let's see . . . a number between 1 and . . . er . . . er . . . (a basic L 0 0 order to start the process, of course) . . . um . . . .

                  I will let you and any others who have indicated an OOC interest thus far (and hereafter too) know what I discover (if anything) off-list OOC.

                  From the IC persepctive, the Crusader in question would, of course, report his or her findings (if any) directly to his or her Lord Crusader. I suppose IC it would be up to the Lord Crusader to choose whether (and to whom) to IC report beyond that.

                  Hmmm . . . I also have a Dei Vigilare priest at that Crusaders Citadel. He will undoubtedly "get curious at to what all the commotion is about" in such a normally stoic place and take a good look around as well. So, there would be an IC report to the Dei Eligere of Dei Vigilare and probably also an IC report to the High Priest.

                  Thanks for the addition, Steve!!

                  <oops, manage expectations . . . oh look! a +1 set of Crusader plate for 10,000 gp>

                  Cheers!
                  Wayne

                  Derrian <derrian.moreton@...> wrote:
                  Wayne,

                  I absolutely knew you'd be straight off to the nearest keep :o)

                  Let me know what you find.

                  Cheers

                  Derrian

                • Honest Ron
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                    Very good now to find one :-)

                    Until next time trust me

                    Honest Ron

                    _____

                  • Steve at mail.madcentral.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                      >>Fortunately, I luckily just happen to have a Crusader character at a
                      >>Crusaders' Keep. Just a matter of trying to guess which L order I need to
                      >>submit to find out . . . <<

                      Its the B and S generic orders you need to play with.

                      Steve
                      Madhouse UK
                    • Wayne Gildroy
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                        OOC

                        Arrrrggh . . . Steve! There are a bazillion codes for B and S orders! I hope you don't mean that we have to "get lucky" on those. PLEASE tell us that there is an L order that at least directs us!!

                        Respectively and begging mightly!!

                        Wayne

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                          LOL you'll have to pass on the info as well , plus they say you never know
                          unless you ask.

                          Until next time trust me

                          Honest Ron

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                            Try "B 0 0" and "S 0 0", I think that is what Steve
                            is talking about.

                            Dale

                            --- Wayne Gildroy <wrgild@...> wrote:

                            > OOC
                            >
                            > Arrrrggh . . . Steve! There are a bazillion codes
                            > for B and S orders! I hope you don't mean that we
                            > have to "get lucky" on those. PLEASE tell us that
                            > there is an L order that at least directs us!!
                            >
                            > Respectively and begging mightly!!
                            >
                            > Wayne

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Derrian
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                              Wayne,

                              Just do as Dale says and issue a 'B 0 0' and 'S 0 0'. The former tells you
                              what items can be bought (and for how much) the latter what can be sold at
                              this location (usually the same items but it does at least say how much
                              you'll get). Once you have the buy codes you can issue 'B <item code> 1' to
                              get the items blurb before you buy it.

                              Derrian

                            • Wayne Gildroy
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                OOC

                                Dale,

                                Oh! My mistake. Thanks!!

                                Cheers!
                                Wayne

                                --- Wayne Gildroy <wrgild@...> wrote:

                                > OOC
                                >
                                > Arrrrggh . . . Steve! There are a bazillion codes
                                > for B and S orders! I hope you don't mean that we
                                > have to "get lucky" on those. PLEASE tell us that
                                > there is an L order that at least directs us!!
                                >
                                > Respectively and begging mightly!!
                                >
                                > Wayne

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Wayne Gildroy
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                  Derrian,

                                  Thanks!

                                  <shaking head> I continue to learn more about this game. Believe it or not, I never knew those orders were possible.

                                  <looking at watch> Probably too late to change for this turn though.

                                  Cheers!
                                  Wayne

                                • Bill Mayling
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                    Wayne - I only noticed the - B <item nr> 1 - order, for checking an item
                                    without buying, which is rather like the I order for backpacks and person
                                    slots, in Destiny, quite recently.

                                    Maybe it is a recent interstellar import, from Doc to Steve <g> ??

                                    Real Bill M.
                                    <aka Duchess Juliette et al>

                                    Windows Live´┐Ż Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
                                  • Dale Nielsen
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                      It is not extremely recent. I believe it *was* first
                                      implemented in Destiny, but was used in DW when Kyr
                                      was begun.

                                      Dale

                                      --- Bill Mayling <realbillM@...> wrote:

                                      > Wayne - I only noticed the - B <item nr> 1 - order,
                                      > for checking an item
                                      > without buying, which is rather like the I order for
                                      > backpacks and person
                                      > slots, in Destiny, quite recently.
                                      >
                                      > Maybe it is a recent interstellar import, from Doc
                                      > to Steve <g> ??
                                      >

                                      > Real Bill M.
                                      > <aka Duchess Juliette et al>

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • Dale Nielsen
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                        --- Dale Nielsen <SPumpernickel@...> wrote:

                                        > It is not extremely recent. I believe it *was*
                                        > first
                                        > implemented in Destiny, but was used in DW when Kyr
                                        > was begun.

                                        That having been said, I should point out that "B 0 0"
                                        and "S 0 0" do not always work, especially in Bereny
                                        proper. I believe courtyards and magic traders give
                                        an error message something along the lines of "that
                                        order will not work here." I could look up the exact
                                        phrasing, but you get the gist of it.

                                        Dale

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Wayne Gildroy
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                          OOC

                                          Dale,

                                          I do not doubt that. But it is becoming apparent that some knew about this, but others have not known about it. I follow this group list like a hawk and I don't recall it ever showing up here until just now. So, I am guessing it was not "common knowledge" even among all electroncil players until these recent exchanges.

                                          Game mechanics information awareness develps differently depending upon a variety of factors.

                                          Cheers!
                                          Wayne

                                          en <SPumpernickel@...> wrote:
                                          It is not extremely recent. I believe it *was* first
                                          implemented in Destiny, but was used in DW when Kyr
                                          was begun.

                                          Dale

                                          --- Bill Mayling <realbillM@...> wrote:

                                          > Wayne - I only noticed the - B <item nr> 1 - order,
                                          > for checking an item
                                          > without buying, which is rather like the I order for
                                          > backpacks and person
                                          > slots, in Destiny, quite recently.
                                          >
                                          > Maybe it is a recent interstellar import, from Doc
                                          > to Steve <g> ??
                                          >

                                          > Real Bill M.
                                          > <aka Duchess Juliette et al>

                                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                                        • Andrew J. Stott
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                            Steve Tierney wrote:
                                            >>> Do crusader keeps sell advanced crusader items?<<
                                            >
                                            > They do now.

                                            Thanks Steve!

                                            Andrew
                                            hoping there are items for each crusading order.
                                          • Steve at mail.madcentral.com
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 5, 2006
                                              >>I do not doubt that. But it is becoming apparent that some knew about
                                              >>this, but others have not known about it. I follow this group list like a
                                              >>hawk and I don't recall it ever showing up here until just now. So, I am
                                              >>guessing it was not "common knowledge" even among all electroncil players
                                              >>until these recent exchanges.<<

                                              The generic B and S orders were broadly announced to ALL players when they
                                              were introduced, which was well over a year ago, I forget exactly when. We
                                              announced them on this board, on the GM message to all too (if I remember
                                              correctly) and did a letter for postal players. Since then, they've been
                                              mentioned and discussed many times, and they are also mentioned "in game" on
                                              various terrain. We've added them to the new version of the rulebook, but
                                              that's not available yet.

                                              Steve
                                              Madhouse UK