Re: [DungeonWorld] blackpool meet....

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hi All,

      To follow up what my brother said,

      Another great Weekend, Drink & Games :-)
      Cheers to the two Mark's for organising another great weekend,

      Andy London "Sir Roger Musical" will go down as the darkest ritural
      scarifice of some more well known pop songs.
      No one will be looking at B.E.E.F. the same way ever again.

      Mark Hayes - top bloke and around evil type thing

      Mark A - top bloke, even if you think Cleopatra was Italian!.

      Clive - Superstar... not the best singer, but after attempt all those songs
      he does deserves rewards,

      Rob/Mike/Pam/Ed/Phil - the loser syndicate, pulled it off, and got what we
      wanted, cheers to all members cheers for all your hard work.....

      Der/Martin/Ron - hope you all got home safe, and decide which character will
      be made just that better!

      anyone who`s not named - soz...good to see you all.

      Regards,

      False Bill
    • Jon_Padgett
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi Folks,

        I'd just like to join in with the sordid back slapping of
        congratulating the two Marks on a great mini-con. Also a big hi hello
        to all those I hadn't met before and the usual unpleasantries to the
        rest of you reprobates. It was great seeing you all again.

        On a final (VERY off topic) note, I came across this yesterday which I
        thought some of you (That means you Bill) may be interested in.

        http://www.eaglegames.net/products/puerto_rico/puerto_rico.shtml

        Until next time.
        Jon.
      • Thomas Crane
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
          > Rob/Mike/Pam/Ed/Phil - the loser syndicate, pulled it off, and got what we
          > wanted, cheers to all members cheers for all your hard work.....

          Obviously not a true loser syndicate since I was not there... I remember
          that game of Zombies.. It just went on and on...

          Thomas
        • Ian Edwards
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
            > Is someone going to put together a synopsis of the Meet for all those
            > who didn't make it?

            From a DW point of view the most interesting thing from the minicon (apart
            from Duncan's Great Map of Bereny) was that most of the special characters
            were mermen or similarly marine characters.

            And where will they go? Steve hinted that Bereny is about to suffer a
            cataclysmic flooding event and acquire a coastline! So buy yourself some
            waterwings, quick.

            Ian
          • Thomas Crane
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
              > And where will they go? Steve hinted that Bereny is about to suffer a
              > cataclysmic flooding event and acquire a coastline! So buy yourself some
              > waterwings, quick.
              >
              > Ian

              Really ? Perhaps we should not be in Dungeons in that case...

              Or maybe that has something to do with the collapse of Central... Water is
              going to come spewing forth from there.. All that dungeon has to go
              somewhere.. and if into a great lake then...

              Thomas
            • robert treadwell
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                Obviously not a true loser syndicate since I was not there...

                you lost out on a great weekend........

                I remember that game of Zombies.. It just went on and on...

                and on and on and on... and when we tried to cut it short we still rolled 1`s.....
                soz you coundn`t make it - prob last sir roger for awhile - both of the poor audience and the players them selves....

                The Red Knight is the number one in the land - he killed Sir roger after all........

                Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/

                Computer role playing game Online role playing games Role playing games online Massive multiplayer online role playing games Star wars role playing game Wheel of time role playing game

                ---------------------------------

              • Bill Mayling
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Don't botherwith yr namesake then ... but I concur with all the sentiments,
                  well worth the effort !!

                  Real Bill

                  >From: "Bill" <william.treadwell@...>
                  >To: <DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [DungeonWorld] blackpool meet....
                  >Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:31:19 -0000
                  >
                  >Hi All,
                  >
                  >To follow up what my brother said,
                  >
                  >Another great Weekend, Drink & Games :-)
                  >Cheers to the two Mark's for organising another great weekend,
                  >
                  >Andy London "Sir Roger Musical" will go down as the darkest ritural
                  >scarifice of some more well known pop songs.
                  >No one will be looking at B.E.E.F. the same way ever again.
                  >
                  >Mark Hayes - top bloke and around evil type thing
                  >
                  >Mark A - top bloke, even if you think Cleopatra was Italian!.
                  >
                  >Clive - Superstar... not the best singer, but after attempt all those songs
                  >he does deserves rewards,
                  >
                  >Rob/Mike/Pam/Ed/Phil - the loser syndicate, pulled it off, and got what we
                  >wanted, cheers to all members cheers for all your hard work.....
                  >
                  >Der/Martin/Ron - hope you all got home safe, and decide which character
                  >will
                  >be made just that better!
                  >
                  > anyone who`s not named - soz...good to see you all.
                  >
                  >Regards,
                  >
                  >False Bill
                  >

                  >Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters
                • Bill Mayling
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                    Cheers, Jon - added to Boookmarks - will try ASAP !!
                    > I'd just like to join in with the sordid back slapping of
                    > congratulating the two Marks on a great mini-con. Also a big hi hello
                    > to all those I hadn't met before and the usual unpleasantries to the
                    > rest of you reprobates. It was great seeing you all again.
                    >
                    > On a final (VERY off topic) note, I came across this yesterday which I
                    > thought some of you (That means you Bill) may be interested in.
                    >
                    > http://www.eaglegames.net/products/puerto_rico/puerto_rico.shtml
                    >

                    > Until next time.
                    > Jon.
                    >

                    > Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Honest Ron
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                      I have it marked down should have money and fixed compter by then :-)

                      Honest Ron

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                        Der/Martin/Ron - hope you all got home safe, and decide which character will
                        be made just that better!

                        I got no idea what you mean :-) used most of the weekend thinking about
                        getting a item and in the end got a char and Im trying to cut back :O

                        Honest Ron

                      • Bill Moore
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                          >And where will they go? Steve hinted that Bereny is about to suffer a
                          cataclysmic flooding
                          >event and acquire a coastline! So buy yourself some waterwings, quick.

                          Well my lizard man can get the 'Swimming' skill but I don't know about the
                          rest of you? Is there a "Floating 1" available...

                          Bill
                          Not that Bill, nor the other Bill - the other, OTHER Bill (I think)
                        • Bill Mayling
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                            Well, I think I got a Seahorse at the Minicon, so I'm alright, Jack !!

                            Real BIll M (not False Bill, or Unreal Bill M.)

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                              Yeah its a shame I couldn't go was willing to auditon for a part this time
                              in the play..

                              Thomas

                              > Obviously not a true loser syndicate since I was not there...
                              >
                              > you lost out on a great weekend........
                              >

                              > I remember that game of Zombies.. It just went on and on...
                              >
                              > and on and on and on... and when we tried to cut it short we still rolled
                              > 1`s.....
                              > soz you coundn`t make it - prob last sir roger for awhile - both of the
                              > poor audience and the players them selves....
                              >
                              > The Red Knight is the number one in the land - he killed Sir roger after
                              > all........
                              >

                              > Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/

                              > Computer role playing game Online role playing games Role
                              > playing games online Massive multiplayer online role playing games
                              > Star wars role playing game Wheel of time role playing game

                              > ---------------------------------

                              > Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • joey
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                                LOL I remember suggesting mermen as adventuring classes a few years ago
                                before duty prisoners became an adventuring class.

                                Joey

                              • Bill
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                                  opps,

                                  Don't worry it was just me trying to blank out the singing Troll, despite
                                  being the best singer of the crownheart Players group.

                                  How could I've miss out Real Bill, I think we all were glad you make the
                                  extra effort to attend.

                                  Regards,

                                  False Bill

                                  > Don't botherwith yr namesake then ... but I concur with all the
                                  sentiments,
                                  > well worth the effort !!
                                  >
                                  > Real Bill
                                  >

                                  > >From: "Bill" <william.treadwell@...>
                                  > >To: <DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com>
                                  > >Subject: Re: [DungeonWorld] blackpool meet....
                                  > >Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:31:19 -0000
                                  > >
                                  > >Hi All,
                                  > >
                                  > >To follow up what my brother said,
                                  > >
                                  > >Another great Weekend, Drink & Games :-)
                                  > >Cheers to the two Mark's for organising another great weekend,
                                  > >
                                  > >Andy London "Sir Roger Musical" will go down as the darkest ritural
                                  > >scarifice of some more well known pop songs.
                                  > >No one will be looking at B.E.E.F. the same way ever again.
                                  > >
                                  > >Mark Hayes - top bloke and around evil type thing
                                  > >
                                  > >Mark A - top bloke, even if you think Cleopatra was Italian!.
                                  > >
                                  > >Clive - Superstar... not the best singer, but after attempt all those
                                  songs
                                  > >he does deserves rewards,
                                  > >
                                  > >Rob/Mike/Pam/Ed/Phil - the loser syndicate, pulled it off, and got what
                                  we
                                  > >wanted, cheers to all members cheers for all your hard work.....
                                  > >
                                  > >Der/Martin/Ron - hope you all got home safe, and decide which character
                                  > >will
                                  > >be made just that better!
                                  > >
                                  > > anyone who`s not named - soz...good to see you all.
                                  > >
                                  > >Regards,
                                  > >
                                  > >False Bill
                                  > >

                                  > >Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
                                  > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • Bill Mayling
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                                    Cheers, m8 - any truth in the rumour that Steve is going to freeze the Pool,
                                    and the next Play is Sir Roger Does it on ICE ??

                                    http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/
                                  • zenthecat
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 4, 2006
                                      This was my first Blackpool meet, and I had a lot of fun despite being very tired most of the time (and a bit grumpy on Saturday Afternoon). Actually won some games which doesn't normally happen for me, usually I come third or almost last when there are more than 4 players.

                                      Sir Roger Musical very funny, shame it might be the last Sir Roger, we'll never get to see Sir Roger the Opera...... Maybe that's a good thing :-)

                                      Big thanks to to Mark (The Evil) H, and Mark A for all the work they put in.

                                      Phil

                                    • Bill Mayling
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 30, 2006
                                        Thanks, Jon - had it in the In-box to "read later" after a quick look and
                                        bookmarking the site.

                                        I'm reluctant to start anything else that involves sitting for hours in
                                        front of my terminal ...... but I'm very sorely tempted !! We'll see how
                                        much it costs ..

                                        regards, Real Bill M.

                                        http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters