Samantha

  • Keith Petersen
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
      Most of you -- that is, if you were around the game about 6 months ago when Samantha was born -- know that our family recently had an addition -- Samantha.

      Well, the doctors had been a bit concerned for awhile because her head was bigger than average. Yesterday they did a CAT/CT scan and today we found out that they think she has a cyst on the back left side of the brain (the arachnoid area for anyone who knows these things, which I certainly didn't prior to today).

      It's probably a cyst; if it isn't, it could be one of several kinds of benign tumors. They will be doing a MRI scan to try to determine which it is -- tumor or cyst. One bit of good news is that babies' skulls have a lot of give to them, because the plates haven't fused yet. So there haven't been any problems from pressure yet. Of course, there is the chance that it isn't benign too.

      They are sending us to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Not sure abut time tables at the moment, but they thought the appointment would be Tuesday or Thursday next week, no idea when the surgery will be -- but I'm guessing probably the next day or something.

      They thought she'd be in the hospital for 1-2 weeks after the surgery.

      So odds are I won't be around much for awhile and if I am, probably I will have other things on my mind.

      Prayers are appreciated.

      Keith

    • Mat Hillman
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
        On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:11:34 -0600, Keith Petersen wrote
        > Most of you -- that is, if you were around the game about 6 months
        > ago when Samantha was born -- know that our family recently had an
        > addition -- Samantha.
        >
        > Well, the doctors had been a bit concerned for awhile because her
        > head was bigger than average. Yesterday they did a CAT/CT scan and
        > today we found out that they think she has a cyst on the back left
        > side of the brain (the arachnoid area for anyone who knows these
        > things, which I certainly didn't prior to today).
        >
        > It's probably a cyst; if it isn't, it could be one of several kinds
        > of benign tumors. They will be doing a MRI scan to try to determine
        > which it is -- tumor or cyst. One bit of good news is that babies'
        > skulls have a lot of give to them, because the plates haven't fused
        > yet. So there haven't been any problems from pressure yet. Of
        > course, there is the chance that it isn't benign too.
        >
        > They are sending us to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Not
        > sure abut time tables at the moment, but they thought the
        > appointment would be Tuesday or Thursday next week, no idea when the
        > surgery will be -- but I'm guessing probably the next day or something.
        >
        > They thought she'd be in the hospital for 1-2 weeks after the
        > surgery.
        >
        > So odds are I won't be around much for awhile and if I am, probably
        > I will have other things on my mind.
        >
        > Prayers are appreciated.
        >
        > Keith

        Very sorry to hear that Keith, and as father of two myself I can only
        imagine just how you are feeling right now,

        Best wishes, and I hope all goes well for Samantha.

        Mat

        --

        Mat Hillman
        mat@...
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
          Keith,

          My prayers are with you.

          David

          > Most of you -- that is, if you were around the game about 6 months ago
          when Samantha was born -- know that our family recently had an addition --
          Samantha.

          > Well, the doctors had been a bit concerned for awhile because her head was
          bigger than average. Yesterday they did a CAT/CT scan and today we found
          out that they think she has a cyst on the back left side of the brain (the
          arachnoid area for anyone who knows these things, which I certainly didn't
          prior to today).

          > It's probably a cyst; if it isn't, it could be one of several kinds of
          benign tumors. They will be doing a MRI scan to try to determine which it
          is -- tumor or cyst. One bit of good news is that babies' skulls have a lot
          of give to them, because the plates haven't fused yet. So there haven't been
          any problems from pressure yet. Of course, there is the chance that it
          isn't benign too.

          > They are sending us to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Not sure
          abut time tables at the moment, but they thought the appointment would be
          Tuesday or Thursday next week, no idea when the surgery will be -- but I'm
          guessing probably the next day or something.

          > They thought she'd be in the hospital for 1-2 weeks after the surgery.
          >
          > So odds are I won't be around much for awhile and if I am, probably I will
          have other things on my mind.

          > Prayers are appreciated.
          >
          > Keith

          > Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mike Lay
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
            In message <1112378177.190.80545.m12@yahoogroups.com>,
            DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com writes
            >Very sorry to hear that Keith, and as father of two myself I can only
            >imagine just how you are feeling right now,
            >
            >Best wishes, and I hope all goes well for Samantha.

            And I'm sure this is echoed by the rest of the denizens of this group,
            especially those of us with children.

            --
            Mike Lay
          • Tony Roberts
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
              Keith,

              I am sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers
              are with you during this time.

              -- Tony

            • alber1ch
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                Extremely sorry to hear it Keith.

                I hope the news is good.

                Bruno
              • Ade Bagley
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                  So sorry to hear that Keith :( Very best wishes to you and your wife, and to
                  little Samantha too. We'll all be rooting for you.

                  Ade

                  Most of you -- that is, if you were around the game about 6 months ago
                  when Samantha was born -- know that our family recently had an addition --
                  Samantha.

                • robert treadwell
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                    all our thoughts and prays go with you and your family at this time keith.

                    rob t

                    Mike Lay <mike@...> wrote:
                    In message <1112378177.190.80545.m12@yahoogroups.com>,
                    DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com writes
                    >Very sorry to hear that Keith, and as father of two myself I can only
                    >imagine just how you are feeling right now,
                    >
                    >Best wishes, and I hope all goes well for Samantha.

                    And I'm sure this is echoed by the rest of the denizens of this group,
                    especially those of us with children.

                    --
                    Mike Lay

                    Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/

                  • Bill Mayling
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                      My thoughts are with you and the little one, Keith - hopefully, for a benign result.

                      Bill M.

                    • Ed Hyland
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                        I hope everything turns out for the best. Best wishes to all of you.

                        Ed

                      • svachal
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                          Yes, hope to hear good news soon.

                          Stewart

                          > all our thoughts and prays go with you and your family at this time
                          keith.

                          > rob t
                        • joey
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
                            Can't imagine what you and your family must be going through Keith, hope
                            everything turns out ok.

                            Joey
                          • falsebill
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                              Keith,

                              all my thoughts and prays go with you and your family at this time .
                              I do hope everything turns out for the best.
                              Best wishes for the future for all of your family.

                              THe False Bill T
                            • Larry Minute
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                                Keith,

                                We'll keep you in our prayers and hope all goes well.

                                Larry
                              • paulthepriest
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                                  Keith,
                                  my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family mate.
                                  Paul.P
                                  The Priest.
                                • Alan Greenaway
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                                    My heart goes out to you and your family,

                                    Fingers crossed and best wishes.

                                    Alan
                                  • Themes86@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                                      Keith,

                                      We hold your daughter up to God and pray in Jesus Christ's name for a swift
                                      diagnosis and recovery as well as for you and your wife as you deal with
                                      health of your daughter and the well being of your family.

                                      Hugs and Love,

                                      Stefi, Greg, & Nikki

                                    • Paul Erik Lundstrøm
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Apr 3, 2005
                                        Best wishes Keith - for Samantha and your family!!

                                        Paul Erik

                                        [