Re: [DungeonWorld] Re: Whiskey

  • ZalaViel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 51 , May 1, 2004
      Krazdan writes:

      > Oy tuneless, shut it or I'll ram your lute where the sun don't
      > shine...

      oy Krazdan,
      i know youre all excited about this greater tentacular cluster being up for a
      fight(and it being about the only thing for miles around to fight now Grrrs
      forces have chickened out and run away) , but lets have less rudeness to others
      of my ilk , and if you do grab someone elses lute , do me a favour and grab
      one that stays in tune on this hellish plane for more than 5 bars and dont
      break it.

      Eirn
      bard who might playing for you and the others this day if my lute doesnt just
      give up.

    • Wayne Gildroy
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 3, 2004
        Coming conscious with a headache that was only rivaled by the Stonebreaker hangover he had endured several days ago, Jeluaz's eyes struggled to focus.

        His whole body ached and . . . he found it difficult to move . . . . First there had been Stixx's bone-crushing "punch" to his left shoulder . . . then there was Krazdan's "critique" of his anthemn . . . now . . . what the?

        A sack? He was in a burlap sack? And hanging from something . . . suddenly his ears regained their awareness and he heard . . . heard voices . . . many voices . . . laughter . . . revelry . . . even some jeers. What the?

        Suddenly, it all became very clear to him. The buxom wench he had encountered in the street . . . ah, I sense a lot of light streaming down through the pores of this sack fiber . . . last night . . . the references to "naughty" . . . his . . . ah . . . natural reaction to the situation (not withstanding Krazdan's precisely-targeted throw) . . . the pummeling he took before he lost consciousness . . . .

        It had been . . . <gasp> . . . HER!!!!!

        Struggling for somehow to avoid the ultimate embarrasment, his mind frantically searched for a solution. The laughter and roar of the crowd somewhere down there below him indicated that the guard was coming back to the bakery company's flag pole with the infamous ladder. There must be a solution, there must . . . .

        Suddently it dawned on him!!!

        It seemed that last evening before his "encounter" with Sunny, he had stepped into some of the everpresent guard dog sh_t--and his nose told him that was still on his boots. The situation warranted desparate action. He managed to get his left hand down to the bottom of his boots and scraped off what remained into his hand.

        Holding his breath and subduing the natural wretch, he smeared it thickly over his face--obscuring his more individualized facial features.

        Then, the guard cut open the sack and allowed him onto the ladder down. He could see the crowd that gathered below. The stench was strong and the guard went down the ladder a few steps to avoid the smell, his face grimmacing in disgust.

        He could see the crowd struggling to make out who he was. At that point, he shouted at the top of his lungs . . . .

        "I AM LECRETIES, THE KEEPER OF SOULS !!!!

        I have been sent to you by the Six . . . MUA MUA MUA BLAH BLAH BLAH MUA MUA MUA BLAH BLAH BLAH MUA MUA MUA"

        At that the crowd quickly dispersed . . . and the guard, after spitting zestfully at him twice, started down the ladder. Jeluaz followed him down.

        Once Jeluaz reached the bottom of the ladder he ran full tilt to the nearest alley way, where he disappeared from public view.

        Thankfully, it had rained the night before and he found a rather substantial puddle that would serve his needs.

        Quickily he cleaned away his . . . ah . . . disguise. After traveling through several more alley ways, he came to the inn where he stashed his possessions while he was in town. Changing into his second set of clothes, he did his best to groom himself so that he no longer looked like the disheveled lunatic that had emerged into public view from captivity in that sack.

        He emerged into the streets and passed a number of people--all of whom were talking about Sunny having sacked Lecreties the night before and how funny that was. His ploy had worked!!

        He smiled inwardly . . . not too bad . . . not too bad . . . .

        Then in an instant, he was back in the Pits of Poldoon.

        "Oh fair lady! . . . ."

        Jeluaz de Raelocena
        Bard and Singer of Occasionally Pleasant Songs
        WotE

        svachal <svachal@...> wrote:
        (GLOMP!)