Re: [DungeonWorld] Digest Number 2741

  • mark hayes
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2003
      <<This is obviously some new version of the Kingdom's constitution that your
      upstart "Red Scarf" would like to see become the norm. May I remind you that
      the Kingdom is ruled by the Crown and every man, woman, dwarf, centaur and
      whoever else, as you quaintly put it, is a servant of the crown. Your rights are
      granted by the crown.>>

      which is not you clerk . you are just a clerk , and as such I have a perfect right to question your actions and the actions of the courts .

      Of course from a phisofical point of view we disagree most strongly . You no doubt ascribe to the acient belief that the king is soveriny by dictate of the gods and is the gods agent upon the world . As such he is sanctioned from on high .

      where as I believe the king is the agent of the people . and is sanctioned in his accendancy from below .

      In short you beliueve he riules by the will of the gods , I that he rules by the will of the people . the out come is much the same , but the stand point is radically difrent .

      my freedoms are not granted by the crown. the crown is granted by the peoples freedom .

      Jarris Callen
      Red Scarf

    • andy hawley
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 2, 2003
        Personally i would have preffered the death penalty for crimes against music
        andy

        > OOC
        > Thats what you get for singing "the Rhythm of the Night". Well deserved.
        >
        > Steve
        > Madhouse UK
      • Peter Mooney
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 6, 2003
          Adrianna Fendors,

          I have not had the circumstances in which I could have met and shared wisdoms with any of the fae races, and so I must confess my ignorance of their kind.

          Certainly their darker cousins may perhaps be better known - I doubt I am far from the first to have crossed paths with a hostile Dark Unicorn, and I have heard tale of oakenmen twisted by the dark energies antithesis six.

          It is these experiences which I believe have clouded the eyes of many that would group them into the over-used mass term of 'monsters'; usually meaning in most cases 'non-human, dwarf, or elf'.

          Perhaps I shall have the fortune to at some point encounter one of these creatures, and then speak with greater wisdom on their natures - for the moment, at best all I can provide is conjecture.

          Kai'Jin Dho
          Monk of the Abject Truth
          Brotherhood of the Silent Pond

          Wise words, Kai'Jin Dho!

          Though of a man of such reflection and contemplation, I can't believe you
          ever thought a pixie, unicorn, or oakenman was simply a 'monster'?

          Adrianna Fendors
          Ranger Lord of the Terin'Sha

        • Themes86@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 7, 2003
            Kai'Jin Dho,

            The influences of Yain, Mallis, and other dark gods have done much harm to
            the reputation of the faerie creatures of Shanna. Normally, the creatures of
            faerie are shy and reclusive. Thus they heard of most often in stories and
            legends. With the corruption caused by the dark gods in recent years, I suppose the
            reported sightings of faerie creatures have more often than not been of those
            poor ones lost to madness. This has certainly colored the public perception of
            the faerie in these past years.

            But for one of such wisdom, knowledge and self-reflection, I find it hard to
            believe you yourself have been cloud by this popular public opinion. I guess
            it means even the wisest among us can have flaws and there is still room for
            all of us to learn.

            Shanna's strength to you!

            Adrianna Fendors
            Ranger Lord of the Terin'Sha

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 14, 2003
                Hail Morgut!

                We were not worn down by years of battle by Berenian Soldiers! We were
                tricked out of Self Rule by the <SPIT> Gift Giver Clan! Bloody
                Outcasts the lot of them should be!

                Cheers Gunnar Trollslayer, Godi of Volsun.
                Gargon Clan.
                Children of Ragnarok,
                RuneForge,
                The Order,