Drax and the Three of the Prophecy (OOC - D-Day's here!)

  • Tony Weller
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
      Adventurers and citizens of the Kingdom of Bereny,

      The Dark Lord Drax has arrived in the Kingdom of Bereny.

      He has appeared in a large room in Drax Dungeon, believed to be on the
      second level, and even now the Three of the Prophecy stand against him
      there.

      The Three ... Baron Tunneller of Drax, Allanon and the Black Hood ... all
      bearing the mark of the prophecy, were brought to this place from
      Mirrormane's courtyard upon Drax's entry into the world of the Myriad. And
      in this place they currently stand alone against Drax.

      I urge all those who might make their way to aid them to do so with all
      speed.

      I urge all who all follow the Six Gods of Light to pray for the success of
      the Three against the demon lord, Drax.

      Regards,

      Baron Issola
      Member of the Dei Vigilare
      http://www.powerup.com.au/~asweller/Index.htm
      Be Pure! Be Vigilant!
    • Walterd32@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
        May the Light shine upon the THREE!!

        Baron Issola, know that the White Wolf Company shall move to support
        any offensive against Drax. We are currently moving to join up with
        Crown Loyal troops in an effort to strengthen our second line defense
        should the 3 fall.

        Alethea Sidhe
        the White Lady

        --- In DungeonWorld@egroups.com, "Tony Weller" <asweller@p...> wrote:
        > Adventurers and citizens of the Kingdom of Bereny,
        >
        > The Dark Lord Drax has arrived in the Kingdom of Bereny.
        >
        > He has appeared in a large room in Drax Dungeon, believed to be on
        the
        > second level, and even now the Three of the Prophecy stand against
        him
        > there.
        >
        > The Three ... Baron Tunneller of Drax, Allanon and the Black
        Hood ... all
        > bearing the mark of the prophecy, were brought to this place from
        > Mirrormane's courtyard upon Drax's entry into the world of the
        Myriad. And
        > in this place they currently stand alone against Drax.
        >
        > I urge all those who might make their way to aid them to do so with
        all
        > speed.
        >
        > I urge all who all follow the Six Gods of Light to pray for the
        success of
        > the Three against the demon lord, Drax.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Baron Issola
        > Member of the Dei Vigilare
        > http://www.powerup.com.au/~asweller/Index.htm
        > Be Pure! Be Vigilant!
      • Mike Crowther
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
          Baron,

          Forces of Knights and allies are gathering rapidly. Two days from now we
          hope to have assembled 25 into a battlegroup.

          At that time we will stand ready to do our duty to the Realm and Crown,

          Baron Ephraim Stryker
          Lord Commander of the White Tower

[...]

          Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
        • Nemo Nox
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
            Baron Issola wrote:
            >The Dark Lord Drax has arrived in the Kingdom of
            >Bereny. He has appeared in a large room in Drax
            >Dungeon, believed to be on the second level, and
            >even now the Three of the Prophecy stand against
            >him there. The Three ... Baron Tunneller of Drax,
            >Allanon and the Black Hood ...

            Tunneller?! Tunneller is dead. That must be an imposter.
            And even if it isn't, Tunneller spent his life defending
            Drax! Do you guys really believe people can change that
            much? Nah, I don't think so...

            Glam Beregonach
            scout and trader
          • Lord Culain Lach Feragh
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
              REJOICE! REJOICE!

              The Master walks among his children and the unbelievers shall fall by sword and fire. Fall to your knee's before the majesty that is Lord Drax, King by right, GOD! by destiny.

              Culain

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
                Well if he's a problem we'll soon know, won't we? But
                it looks to me like he'll be doing something useful -
                how about you?

                Serena Falcone

                --- Nemo Nox <inthedungeon@...> wrote: >
                > Baron Issola wrote:
                > >The Dark Lord Drax has arrived in the Kingdom of
                > >Bereny. He has appeared in a large room in Drax
                > >Dungeon, believed to be on the second level, and
                > >even now the Three of the Prophecy stand against
                > >him there. The Three ... Baron Tunneller of Drax,
                > >Allanon and the Black Hood ...
                >
                > Tunneller?! Tunneller is dead. That must be an
                > imposter.
                > And even if it isn't, Tunneller spent his life
                > defending
                > Drax! Do you guys really believe people can change
                > that
                > much? Nah, I don't think so...
                >
                > Glam Beregonach
                > scout and trader
                >

                > Offical DungeonWorld Website:
                > http://www.dungeonworld.com/

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Nemo Nox
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
                  Serena Falcone wrote:
                  >Well if he's a problem we'll soon know, won't we?

                  Last time someone followed that line of thought,
                  6000 people died because - oh, surprise - the DNA
                  lady was indeed a traitor.

                  >But it looks to me like he'll be doing something
                  >useful - how about you?

                  You don't need to worry about me, I'm more useful
                  than you could imagine.

                  Glam Beregonach
                  scout and trader
                • pa.gomer@which.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
                    What is it with the people of Bereny? You tell them that Tunneller is
                    not dead, you tell them he will return after paving the way for Drax'es
                    return, and what do they do when he returns? Stick to there foolish
                    belif that he is dead.

                    Baron Tunneller is alive and well, reports of his demise were false. His
                    apparent death was due to an illusion created by The Flame. Are you all
                    so locked into one way of thinking, anything different or new is
                    incomprehensible to you?

                    Skardus
                    High Priest of The Flame
                    CEO of Skardus' Wormburger Restaurants

                    "Tunneller is our hero!"

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
                      Yes all that 'Hot Air' will feed The Flame for Years!

                      Skardus

                      Glam Beregonach, scout and trader wrote:

                      > You don't need to worry about me, I'm more useful
                      > than you could imagine.
                      >
                      > Glam Beregonach
                      > scout and trader
                      >
                      > Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
                    • Clive Weldon
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
                        Myself and my colleagues are in the Great Hall of Drax on level 1, we can
                        see a set of stairs to our East, which we hope will take us to level 2. With
                        the God's will, we will be able to support the three in their battle!
                        Drax cannot be allowed to live!

                        Talia D'Arelon,
                        Royal Blade weilder, RGA

                        OOC
                        Any chance of a map of his locn on level 2 being sent to the Drax Mission
                        list, so that we can co-ordinate properly?

                        > Adventurers and citizens of the Kingdom of Bereny,
                        >
                        > The Dark Lord Drax has arrived in the Kingdom of Bereny.
                        >
                        > He has appeared in a large room in Drax Dungeon, believed to be on the
                        > second level, and even now the Three of the Prophecy stand against him
                        > there.
                        >
                        > The Three ... Baron Tunneller of Drax, Allanon and the Black Hood ... all
                        > bearing the mark of the prophecy, were brought to this place from
                        > Mirrormane's courtyard upon Drax's entry into the world of the Myriad. And
                        > in this place they currently stand alone against Drax.
                        >
                        > I urge all those who might make their way to aid them to do so with all
                        > speed.
                        >
                        > I urge all who all follow the Six Gods of Light to pray for the success of
                        > the Three against the demon lord, Drax.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > Baron Issola
                        > Member of the Dei Vigilare
                        > http://www.powerup.com.au/~asweller/Index.htm
                        > Be Pure! Be Vigilant!
                      • Tony Weller
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 2, 2001
                          Glam Beregonach,

                          > Tunneller?! Tunneller is dead. That must be an imposter.

                          Indeed? It was satisfied to the late King Mark's, and others', satisfaction
                          that this individual is most certainly the proper Baron Tunneller of Drax.
                          Yet, it must be said that they were privy to more information than yourself,
                          Glam.

                          > And even if it isn't, Tunneller spent his life defending
                          > Drax! Do you guys really believe people can change that
                          > much? Nah, I don't think so...
                          >
                          > Glam Beregonach
                          > scout and trader

                          We shall soon see, Glam. For action speaks louder than words, be they yours
                          or mine, and the Baron Tunneller of Drax is in a position where words will
                          not suffice, is he not?

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 4, 2001
                            Baron Stryker,

                            It is unfortunate that they are still 2 days preparation away from sallying
                            forth, but it is good to know such a force is mounting nonetheless.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 4, 2001
                              Excellent news, Talia D'Arelon! How fitting that a Royal Blade Wielder might
                              stand against Drax.

                              I shall enquire more about the location immediately.

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 6, 2001
                                Baron Issola wrote:
                                >It was satisfied to the late King Mark's, and others',
                                >satisfaction that this individual is most certainly the
                                >proper Baron Tunneller of Drax.

                                I talked to several witnesses who saw Tunneller dead.
                                Perhaps the King wasn't as well informed as I am.

                                Glam Beregonach
                                scout and trader
                              • Tony Weller
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 7, 2001
                                  Glam Beregonach,

                                  > I talked to several witnesses who saw Tunneller dead.
                                  > Perhaps the King wasn't as well informed as I am.
                                  >
                                  > Glam Beregonach
                                  > scout and trader

                                  And you think that the late King Mark did not have accounts of some of those
                                  who saw the incident, Glam? How curious!

                                  Of course, it would almost be cavalier of me to point out the most obvious
                                  fact that our late King's receipt of such reports initiated the public
                                  appointment of a Royal Investigator, Jacob St. Grant, to "ascertain the
                                  (details of the) death of Tunneller".

                                  I might also point out that Jacob St Grant was invited to personally
                                  investigate the scene within the DNA guild rooms, which he did, and was also
                                  given details of Baron Tunneller's apparent death by a number of eye
                                  witnesses.

                                  I might further point out that Jacob St Grant also had the services of a
                                  number of necromancers to try and locate the Baron Tunneller's soul.

                                  If you nevertheless believe you were better informed than our late King, I
                                  am sure we would all be intrigued to hear what information you received and
                                  from whom, Glam.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 7, 2001
                                    Baron Issola wrote:
                                    >And you think that the late King Mark did not have
                                    >accounts of some of those who saw the incident, Glam?

                                    King Mark not always had the best information available.
                                    Which led him, for instance, to send men to die in a trap
                                    in Kyr. I'm not saying he was a bad King for that, just
                                    that even Kings make mistakes.

                                    >Of course, it would almost be cavalier of me to point
                                    >out the most obvious fact that our late King's receipt
                                    >of such reports initiated the public appointment of a
                                    >Royal Investigator, Jacob St. Grant, to "ascertain the
                                    >(details of the) death of Tunneller".

                                    Which means that he believed Tunneller was indeed killed.
                                    If his investigator found proof that it was wasn't the
                                    case, the people was never informed about it.

                                    >I might also point out that Jacob St Grant was invited
                                    >to personally investigate the scene within the DNA guild
                                    >rooms, which he did, and was also given details of Baron
                                    >Tunneller's apparent death by a number of eye witnesses.

                                    Most of the witnesses heard by mr. Jacob are now outlaws
                                    for betraying the Crown. The witnesses I talked to were
                                    curiously ignored by him.

                                    >I might further point out that Jacob St Grant also had
                                    >the services of a number of necromancers to try and locate
                                    >the Baron Tunneller's soul.

                                    Then perhaps they can explain the restless soul name
                                    Tunneller who now stalks Baron Aiglenoir?

                                    >If you nevertheless believe you were better informed than
                                    >our late King, I am sure we would all be intrigued to hear
                                    >what information you received and from whom, Glam.

                                    Aren't we all always intrigued by something?

                                    Glam Beregonach
                                    scout and trader
                                  • Tony Weller
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 8, 2001
                                      Glam Beregonach,

                                      > Which means that he believed Tunneller was indeed killed.

                                      To my knowledge, he did indeed.

                                      > If his investigator found proof that it was wasn't the
                                      > case, the people was never informed about it.

                                      Of course, you would have to take the matter of what evidence was or was not
                                      found by the Royal Investigator up with the Royal Investigator himself.
                                      Though, as I believe he was commissioned by the late King Mark, and quite
                                      probably reported on the matter directly to the late King Mark himself, he
                                      might be sadly disinclined to answer your questions, Glam.

                                      > Most of the witnesses heard by mr. Jacob are now outlaws
                                      > for betraying the Crown. The witnesses I talked to were
                                      > curiously ignored by him.

                                      A point well made, Glam! Indeed, it would seem *any* of the witnesses to the
                                      incident in the DNA guild rooms were, of course, either those who
                                      subsequently pledged themselves to Drax, those who were misled so boldly by
                                      the DNA, those who joined the DNA for covert observations or actions, or
                                      those who aided and abetted the assault on Baron Tunneller. It seems all
                                      might be somewhat easily discredited, does it not?

                                      > Then perhaps they can explain the restless soul name
                                      > Tunneller who now stalks Baron Aiglenoir?

                                      Perhaps they can. Perhaps you should ask them ... I'm sure they'll place a
                                      suitable priority upon your request.

                                      > Aren't we all always intrigued by something?
                                      >
                                      > Glam Beregonach
                                      > scout and trader

                                      Quite so, Glam, and always to varying degrees. For instance, I am not
                                      greatly intrigued by additional witness reports of Baron Tunneller's
                                      apparently dead body upon the DNA guild room floors, for it appears that all
                                      who have born witness have all stated a common position ... that they saw
                                      Baron Tunneller lie upon the floor of the DNA guild rooms, most certainly
                                      dead to all appearances as an apparent result of mortal wounds inflicted.

                                      Do you witnesses tell of something different, Glam?

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 8, 2001
                                        Baron Issola wrote:
                                        >Of course, you would have to take the matter of what
                                        >evidence was or was not found by the Royal Investigator
                                        >up with the Royal Investigator himself. Though, as I
                                        >believe he was commissioned by the late King Mark, and
                                        >quite probably reported on the matter directly to the
                                        >late King Mark himself, he might be sadly disinclined
                                        >to answer your questions, Glam.

                                        I didn't ask for answers, I just said Tunneller was dead.

                                        >A point well made, Glam!

                                        Thanks, Baron!

                                        >Indeed, it would seem *any* of the witnesses to the
                                        >incident in the DNA guild rooms were, of course, either
                                        >those who subsequently pledged themselves to Drax, those
                                        >who were misled so boldly by the DNA, those who joined
                                        >the DNA for covert observations or actions, or those
                                        >who aided and abetted the assault on Baron Tunneller.
                                        >It seems all might be somewhat easily discredited,
                                        >does it not?

                                        I think not. I'd rather believe my sources than friends
                                        of Drax. Including the deceased Tunneller.

                                        >Perhaps you should ask them ... I'm sure they'll place
                                        >a suitable priority upon your request.

                                        I'm done asking stuff to the courts, or providing them
                                        with evidence of fould play, or any other sort of contact.
                                        They simply dismiss me no matter what I have to offer.

                                        Glam Beregonach
                                        scout and trader
                                      • Tony Weller
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jan 8, 2001
                                          Glam Beregonach,

                                          > I didn't ask for answers, I just said Tunneller was dead.

                                          And I but stated that it was established to the late King Mark's, and
                                          others', satisfaction
                                          that this individual is most certainly the proper Baron Tunneller of Drax.

                                          > I think not. I'd rather believe my sources than friends
                                          > of Drax. Including the deceased Tunneller.

                                          Of course, any person may believe what they are most comfortable with,
                                          rather than looking for deeper answers, Glam.

                                          > I'm done asking stuff to the courts, or providing them
                                          > with evidence of fould play, or any other sort of contact.
                                          > They simply dismiss me no matter what I have to offer.
                                          >
                                          > Glam Beregonach
                                          > scout and trader

                                          There are other avenues open, Glam. For instance, any of the greater
                                          nobility or guild leaders might be able to be of assistance to yourself,
                                          should you convince them of the importance of your requests or your
                                          evidence.

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jan 15, 2001
                                            Baron Issola wrote:
                                            >Of course, any person may believe what they are
                                            >most comfortable with, rather than looking for
                                            >deeper answers, Glam.

                                            Yes, and we have plenty of examples to follow.

                                            Glam Beregonach
                                            scout and trader