Re: Teleport Home foulups

  • Philip D Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      No, I was in a sublevel (crypt) of Central level 1. Perhaps Teleportation
      cannot work reliably from there, although there were no warnings to this
      effect. Has anyone Teleported Home from a similar environment?

      I will try using re-Teleport this turn, and report what happens. If it
      fails, I'll need to use the IGW's facilities to return to Central courtyard
      and then walk back from there - about ten turns' journey!

      Mariko

      > Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:17:08 -0500 (EST)
      > From: tei@...
      > Subject: Re: Teleport Home foulups
      >
      > You didn't use it while in the Safe Zone did you? That's the only one I
      know of where someone's
      > gone awry... She had to work her way back...
      >
      > Emma Anarka, Enchantress
      > IGW Green Eye Shade Wizard
      >

      > On 12/31/99 10:41:52 you wrote:
      > >
      > >Greetings all,
      > >
      > >Has anyone ever mis-read their Teleport Home scroll? I have just done
      so, and find myself in
      > Mirrormane courtyard rather than the courtyard of my own dungeon
      (Central). Does the use of a re-
      > Teleport scroll return me to my original position, or is it mor
      > >e complicated than that?
      > >
      > >Many thanks,
      > >Mariko (1399)
      > >Veiled Amazon, Enchantress

    • Kenneth Kelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
        Hail all,

        > No, I was in a sublevel (crypt) of Central level 1. Perhaps Teleportation
        > cannot work reliably from there, although there were no warnings to this
        > effect. Has anyone Teleported Home from a similar environment?

        Just for everyone info. You can't use teleport magic in the sub levels. This
        includes the DNA guild rooms, the safe haven or any other sub levels areas.

        Oh in case you where wondering using teleports magic in the DNA guild rooms
        won't hurt it. As it is defended from it. Just in case People was wondering
        if they could destroy it <G> but it would hurt you person doing it.

        Lady Wiz kid