Re: ooc: duel between anjelou and will

  • Rene Ruinaard
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 1999
      You're right Larry, silly me not to notice <g>. I have to agree with
      Adrian Bagley, you're playing Anjanette's 'role' very well.

      Rene

      > From: "Larry Haberkern" <lhaberke@...>
      >
      > Hi rene,
      > No, the challenge to a duel was issued without any inquiry by Lord Will
      > Smythe into who this person was. Somewhat rash if you ask me. I do not know
      > if it has been mentioned IC, I thought the reference to "child" was an IC
      > reference to her age, so I wasn't following that fact closely. I know she
      > has mentioned her being the oldest child in her family, that her brother
      > just turned of age to guide the plow allowing her to choose a career path,
      > and that her father desired she enter a holy order. She has also talked as a
      > child about her inexperience, and other factors. Overall, all the clues have
      > been there, she talks as if she knows it all, hasn't any experience at
      > anything, has no idea of what to say, and what not to say, and drifts in
      > childish comments in the middle of conversations. Several other factors,
      > too. Sounds like a teenager to me!
      > Larry
      >
      > >Since we are all OOC now: Lara used the term child like a priest would
      > >for a follower of his own religion. I/She didn't know Anjanette's age
      > >until Steve mentioned OOC that she was 14 years old. So IC she still
      > >doesn't know. Larry, can you confirm that she is 14? Was there ever any
      > >mention of her age in an IC message?
      > >
      > >Rene (playing both Mancuso and Lara)
    • Adrian Bagley
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 1999
        I don't remember any IC comments directly referring to Anjanette's age. It was obvious from the things she said that she's *young*, but I'm sure there was no mention of exactly *how* young. I'd assumed she was a slightly immature 16-18 year-old.

        This can't be good for poor old Lord Smythe! <g>

        It took me a while to twig that *everything* Anjanette said was pure role-playing - I must confess I assumed some of it was down to Larry (sorry!) - then I began to notice how much more sensible & literate his OOC messages were... This is brilliant role-playing, and I can't applaud it enough.

        Adrian

        Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/