Re: Monster Upgrade

  • Adrian Bagley
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 11, 1998
      >> Useful for keeping number of orders down <g> (Onto 5 pages already)<<

      I'm considering starting a monster position next turn, but the thought of sending in 5 pages of orders is a little off-putting....

      How common is this? Are other people finding the same thing? Steve mentioned the possibility of having fewer monsters, but with better equipment - has anyone tried this? Does it seem to work as well?

      I love the idea of running a monster position, but my time & money are a little limited...

      Adrian
    • MadCentral@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 5, 1999
        In a message dated 05/11/1999 2:01:53 AM GMT Standard Time,
        grrrr!!!!@... writes:

        << Would be nice wouldn't it. However what I meant was that I have seen
        Sullens, Skeletal Warriors and Beserkers but I haven't seen and extra
        special Lizardmen around. I have heard of Spotted Lizardmen but they don't
        seem any different to normal Lizards.

        Thomas Crane

        P.S. I will happily take Raptor >>

        Spotted Lizardmen are different to normal Lizardmen. They have different AI
        and tendencies, which can make a big difference if you run into a lot of them.

        Steve
        -Madhouse UK
      • MAbsolom@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 5, 1999
          In a message dated 05/11/99 10:10:06, you write:

          << The only people in a monster position this sort of thing would really
          apply to anyway would be the Leaders of the monster positions......perhaps
          some minimised guild idea to reflect alliances and pacts between groups? >>

          That is precisely what the Council D'Infernal is. We currently number twelve
          (and more monster leaders join us every day), allied together in a loose
          affiliation (a minimised guild, if you like). The attempt to formalise guild
          status was simply an attempt to 'boost' monster leader strength (when you
          have a wisdom attribute of 4, you'll try anything to increase it!) but, to be
          honest, the upgrades proposed by Steve are more in keeping with bestial clan
          philosophy and more than make up for any guild-bonus lack.

          Beastmaster Triil Infernio
          Founder Member of the Council D'Infernal