Re: Central Dungeon

  • Andrew Wallis
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 1, 1999
      Kevin Fullard wrote:
      > > David Boyle wrote:
      > > > Greetings Fellow Adventurers:
      > > >
      > > > I am Gerrit Kord, Senior Warder of Central Dungeon.
      > > <snip>
      > > > We will be glad to do what we can to answer any questions you may have
      > about
      > > > the Warders.
      > > >
      > > > Gerrit 'Furrows' Kord
      > >

      > Lord Obtuse Tunneller
      >
      > Your unjust attacks on our Guild are becoming tiresome. Could you put this
      > dog down to sleep once and for all.
      >
      > Tormalenn
      > Adjutant Warder and Bondsmate to Lord Farqham
      >
      > > Any questions? Or only questions asked in 'the correct way'? Or only
      > > questions to which the answer is not embarrassing to the Warders?
      > >
      > > --
      > > Lord Obtuse Tunneller

      Unjust attacks? From me? The Warders state that they are happy to
      answer questions, so I ask questions, and I am attacked for it. The
      attack, however, serves to answer the questions.

      --
      Lord Obtuse Tunneller
      Drax's Brigadier
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 1, 1999
        Well MEt Tunneler...

        Indeed i do bel;ieve you were disrespectful.....and pointedly awkward....but
        i at no time insulted you unless insulted first....the only harsh verbal
        attacks you recieved were from my sister Eowyn and i explained she has a
        fiery temper....but even then she would not say such things without due
        provocation by attacking the Warders.........every question you have asked i
        have answered...but you did not like nor accept the answers i gave that is
        your problem not mine...the facts about our order are the facts whether you
        agree or not.

        I will continue to answer and civilly asked questions from you or anyone
        else......but taunt me or try to anger me and you will be responded to in
        kind........

        Baron Brightblade, High Warder and Defender of the Crown!

        Anyone can fight for themselves thats instinct, but only a true warrior can
        put anothers welfare before his or her own thats a WARDER!!!

        >Unjust attacks? From me? The Warders state that they are happy to
        >answer questions, so I ask questions, and I am attacked for it. The
        >attack, however, serves to answer the questions.
        >
        >--
        >Lord Obtuse Tunneller
        >Drax's Brigadier
        >"All the same, Drax lives"
        >
        >>Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
      • Andrew Wallis
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
          Mark Howe wrote:
          > Well MEt Tunneler...
          >
          > Indeed i do believe you were disrespectful.....and pointedly awkward....

          If it is disrespectful to object to an implicit insult (that all Warders
          are better than all other warriors, which was your initial claim, now
          matter how much you may have modified it later) then I suppose I am
          disrespectful; I find it difficult to respect such an attitude. That
          having your own inflated ego and irrationality exposed is awkward for
          you I can quite understand.

          > but
          > i at no time insulted you unless insulted first....

          You insulted me with your suggestion that I was necessarily a worse
          warrior than any Warder. That original suggestion was unqualified.

          > the only harsh verbal
          > attacks you recieved were from my sister Eowyn and i explained she has a
          > fiery temper....

          Well, that's all right then. And if you view my messages as attacks,
          are they to be excused on account of my fiery temper? Perhaps your
          sister should learn to control her temper - a true warrior has control
          of their emotions, the better to put another's welfare before their own.

          > but even then she would not say such things without due
          > provocation by attacking the Warders.........every question you have asked i
          > have answered...but you did not like nor accept the answers i gave that is
          > your problem not mine...the facts about our order are the facts whether you
          > agree or not.

          Indeed. And your representation of those facts was your representation
          of them, whether you changed it later or not. It was the original
          representation of them with which I took issue; I have never quarrelled
          with you over the facts themselves, only with what you told me they
          were.

          > I will continue to answer and civilly asked questions from you or anyone
          > else......but taunt me or try to anger me and you will be responded to in
          > kind........
          >
          > Baron Brightblade, High Warder and Defender of the Crown!

          I have never taunted you. While I may have angered you, I have never
          sought to; if you are angry it seems to have arisen from your own
          embarrassment at having your pomposity pricked.

          --
          Lord Obtuse Tunneller
          Drax's Brigadier

          > >Unjust attacks? From me? The Warders state that they are happy to
          > >answer questions, so I ask questions, and I am attacked for it. The
          > >attack, however, serves to answer the questions.
          > >
          > >Lord Obtuse Tunneller
        • Mark Howe
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
            Tunneler i am afraid i am now going to have to insult you and to any who are
            gentle of ear i suggest you now place your fingers in your ears......

            You must indeed be a simpleton....for ONCE AGAIN you use the word
            better.......a word i did not use nor phrase YOU DID......i state Warders
            are True Warriors....NEVER have i stated that we are the only True
            Warriors....on the contrary...but we are True Warriors....so you are
            creating your own argument and having it with yourself...because i cannot
            disprove something to you i have NEVER said.......

            >If it is disrespectful to object to an implicit insult (that all Warders
            >are better than all other warriors, which was your initial claim, now
            >matter how much you may have modified it later) then I suppose I am
            >disrespectful; I find it difficult to respect such an attitude. That
            >having your own inflated ego and irrationality exposed is awkward for
            >you I can quite understand.
            >
            >> but
            >> i at no time insulted you unless insulted first....
            >
            >You insulted me with your suggestion that I was necessarily a worse
            >warrior than any Warder. That original suggestion was unqualified.

            Pity i never Suggested that then isn't it you did!.....so in effect you
            insulted yourself...well done.....well done....

            >> the only harsh verbal
            >> attacks you recieved were from my sister Eowyn and i explained she has a
            >> fiery temper....
            >
            >Well, that's all right then. And if you view my messages as attacks,
            >are they to be excused on account of my fiery temper? Perhaps your
            >sister should learn to control her temper - a true warrior has control
            >of their emotions, the better to put another's welfare before their own.

            Not at all my sister felt affronted because of your untrue statements about
            what you say we said...which once again i will point out we never did....she
            was right to mention it but overly harsh in her words.......you however must
            be a buffoon as you have created an argument that is untrue and based on
            something which has never been stated by anyone BUT you...you state a true
            warrior has control of their emotions well that is simply wrong....emotions
            are part of who we are...part of what makes us who we are....they are an
            upside not a downside after all how can we protect anothers wellfare without
            the emotion to make us care about them and their protection in the first
            place........?

            >> but even then she would not say such things without due
            >> provocation by attacking the Warders.........every question you have
            asked i
            >> have answered...but you did not like nor accept the answers i gave that
            is
            >> your problem not mine...the facts about our order are the facts whether
            you
            >> agree or not.
            >
            >Indeed. And your representation of those facts was your representation
            >of them, whether you changed it later or not. It was the original
            >representation of them with which I took issue; I have never quarrelled
            >with you over the facts themselves, only with what you told me they
            >were.

            I canjnot change what i never said......i simply stated the truth as it is
            the Warders are True Warriors......you used the word best and better not
            me....as for what i told you...i told you the facts as i know them....and
            that is all if you disagree...you disagree your compliance is neither sought
            nor asked for....your opinion counts for little with me Tunneler......as
            your continued pursuance of a pointless self created argument are tiresome
            and wasteful at best.....

            >> I will continue to answer and civilly asked questions from you or anyone
            >> else......but taunt me or try to anger me and you will be responded to in
            >> kind........

            Baron Brightblade, High Warder and Defender of the Crown!

            >I have never taunted you. While I may have angered you, I have never
            >sought to; if you are angry it seems to have arisen from your own
            >embarrassment at having your pomposity pricked.

            I would disagree with this statement as many i know would also......you seek
            purposefully to obtain a reaction in all your pointless verbal
            escapades...and if you think i am pompous for reacting to some petty titled
            buffons untrue comments about our noble order then you are correct and i am
            proud to admit it but i shall waste no more time listening or replying to
            your aimless incitement of a pointless self created situation.

            >> >Unjust attacks? From me? The Warders state that they are happy to
            >> >answer questions, so I ask questions, and I am attacked for it. The
            >> >attack, however, serves to answer the questions.

            You don't ask questions you create a false statement and lael it with my
            orders name and then expect me to justify it to you.....i think not....we
            are True Warriors...we are not the biggest, the baddest or even the
            best.....but we are True.....you can either accept that or not i care
            little........but if you publicly insult my guild again with your false
            claims i shall see you pay for it.

            >> >Lord Obtuse Tunneller

            Baron Brightblade, High Warder and Defender of the Crown!

            Anyone can fight for themselves thats instinct, but only a true warrior can
            put anothers welfare before his or her own thats a WARDER!!!

            >>Offical DungeonWorld Website: http://www.dungeonworld.com/
          • Mike Crowther
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 11, 2001
              A new freely accessible list now exists for all in the Central Dungeon at,
              surprise, surprise Centraldungeon@yahoogroups.com so all applicable should
              join up and lets get that dungeon...the oldest...organised, mapped and
              rocking,

              Mike
            • ahlroberts@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 11, 2001
                Hi,

                Just tried looking for this group but cannot find it. Can someone confirm
                the name <g>.

                -- Tony

              • Mike Crowther
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 11, 2001
                  Centraldungeon....but there might be a delay in the set-up...wait half an
                  hour and try again if it still persists let me know direct and I'll sign you
                  up,

                  Mike

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 21, 2004
                    To all adventurers located in the Central Dungeon. Should any of
                    you come across an Air Captian by the name of Calibra Nightmare
                    (6747) you are requested to leave the creature alone and report the
                    location to me as I am on a mission to kill it myself.

                    Your assistance is appreciated.

                    Gimli Ruddle
                    Runeforge High Elder
                  • Andrew J. Stott
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 27, 2005
                      Has there been any further word on the collapse of Central Dungeon?

                      I'd like to return there one day.

                      Lady Samantha Stardust,
                      IGW
                    • Bill Mayling
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 28, 2005
                        On a planet, far, far away, in another Galaxy, the SP Supreme Commander looked fondly at the fading sepia "photograph". It had been preserved in everlasting laminate, and allegedly depicted her umpteen-times Great (no-one really knew how many generations ago) Grandmother, Lady Samantha Stardust - allegedly a brave "Adventurer", back on a world called Myriad - possibly even the original "Earth" in another time-line or parallel Galaxy, but no-one knew for sure.

                        Rebecca just knew that the old lady's fighting genes had somehow come down to her, and drew inspiration from that quite unproven theory. She turned back to the matter in hand, the hunt for the criminals aboard the "Enterprize", with renewed determination.

                        Real Bill M
                        "wannabe George Lucas"

                      • Thomas Crane
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 27 3:29 AM
                          Hmmmm... This could be tricky! Zania do you want to wait for back up or do
                          you think we can take these three Mature Chill Dragons? There may well be
                          more as I can see a bunch of eggs too and the room looks rather large. I do
                          think that at least on of us should read that sign though.

                          Time to use some of my more interesting weaponry....

                          Baroness Glaze 'Black Widow' Fierein
                          Berenies Greatest Warrior

                        • lminute120
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 27 9:56 AM
                            Baroness Glaze,

                            Since I am not one of the heartier adventurers, I will check what the sign says and pause early in the day waiting for the others.

                            Zania

                            --- In DungeonWorld@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Crane <thomas.crane@...> wrote:

                            > Hmmmm... This could be tricky! Zania do you want to wait for back up or do
                            > you think we can take these three Mature Chill Dragons? There may well be
                            > more as I can see a bunch of eggs too and the room looks rather large. I do
                            > think that at least on of us should read that sign though.
                            >
                            > Time to use some of my more interesting weaponry....
                            >
                            > Baroness Glaze 'Black Widow' Fierein
                            > Berenies Greatest Warrior

                          • Crowther, Mike
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 27 6:16 PM
                              I can see you in the distance and will move to your location to lend my sword,

                              Sir Acorn
                              Knight of the Yellow Codex

                              Message 14 of 22 , May 28 4:03 AM
                                The first one would have been dead if I had not managed to hit me once and
                                freeze me in place, Damn Dragon!

                                Baroness Glaze 'Black Widow' Fierein
                                Berenies Greatest Warrior
                                OOC: My silly DR nagated any damage but it still froze me in place. This
                                could be a good place to leave you all behind if I wanted.. But that Dragon
                                has annoyed her lol.
                                On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Crowther, Mike <crowthem@...> wrote:

                                > I can see you in the distance and will move to your location to lend my
                                > sword,
                                >
                                > Sir Acorn
                                > Knight of the Yellow Codex

                              • Crowther, Mike
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 29 5:30 PM
                                  There are quite a few of us inbound Baroness. These creatures shall not annoy anyone for long,

                                  Sir Acorn
                                  Knight of the Yellow Codex

                                  On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Crowther, Mike <crowthem@...<mailto:crowthem%40amgen.com>> wrote:

                                  > I can see you in the distance and will move to your location to lend my
                                  > sword,
                                  >
                                  > Sir Acorn
                                  > Knight of the Yellow Codex

                                • Thomas Crane
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 30 6:11 AM
                                    Sir Acorn

                                    I expect that there will be a few of you following on, The massive eggs
                                    cause concern for me, Although I can only see three I expect plenty more
                                    further in.

                                    Baroness Glaze 'Black Widow' Fierein
                                    Berenies Greatest Warrior

                                    OOC : Grrrr!!!! damn freezing breath.. It did get a lot of chances to hit me
                                    though lol.

                                    On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Crowther, Mike <crowthem@...> wrote:

                                    > There are quite a few of us inbound Baroness. These creatures shall not
                                    > annoy anyone for long,
                                    >

                                    > Sir Acorn
                                    > Knight of the Yellow Codex

                                  • Crowther, Mike
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 30 10:48 AM
                                      Baroness,

                                      More than a few from our mission. I am confident we are in sufficient numbers and power to overcome all obstacles and claim the prize for the Rose Foundation Mission,