Strother Dunaway

  • womanwithcats
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2002
      Hi,

      I hope you all can help me over/through/around my brick wall. My
      great-great grandfather's name was Strother Dunaway. He was from
      Trimble, Carroll or Henry County Kentucky. He and Jennie Williams
      had at least one son, Charles Samuel who was born in 1884 and is my
      great grandfather. I only have Strother and Jennie's names from
      Charles' death certificate. I can find no information on them
      anywhere. I have located a Strother Dunaway who married a Mary
      Catherine Lee in Carroll County in 1856, but I don't think he is the
      same Strother Dunaway - maybe his father.

      Does anyone have any information on these people?

      Thanks,

      Angela Dunaway
      womanwithcats@...
    • Elaine Dunaway
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
        Hi Angela,

        All I have on Strother Dunaway is that he was born about 1838 in KY and
        married Mary Catherine Lee Dec. 4, 1856.(mary Catherine was daughter of
        Nathan H. Lee and Leah Ann Dunn) Strother's parents were John Dunaway and
        Khue Ann Knox.
        Children of Strother and Mary Catherine Dunaway are:
        Lucy Dunaway b. abt 1870 KY
        Hattie Dunaway b. abt 1872 KY
        William A. Dunaway b. 1858 KY
        Laura Catherine Dunaway b. 1859 KY
        Alonzo b. 1861 KY
        Oscar Dunaway b. 1865 KY, Died 1944
        Prentice M. Dunaway b. 1866 KY

        Thats the only info I have on any Strother Dunaway......Hopefully it may be
        of some help.
        Elaine Dunaway
        > I hope you all can help me over/through/around my brick wall. My
        > great-great grandfather's name was Strother Dunaway. He was from
        > Trimble, Carroll or Henry County Kentucky. He and Jennie Williams
        > had at least one son, Charles Samuel who was born in 1884 and is my
        > great grandfather. I only have Strother and Jennie's names from
        > Charles' death certificate. I can find no information on them
        > anywhere. I have located a Strother Dunaway who married a Mary
        > Catherine Lee in Carroll County in 1856, but I don't think he is the
        > same Strother Dunaway - maybe his father.
        >
        > Does anyone have any information on these people?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Angela Dunaway
        > womanwithcats@...
        >

        > Remeber Genealogy materials only- no spam or flaming permitted.
        > If you have questions contact
        > Dunaway List Corrdinator
        > Patrick Dunaway Duffy..ezdufftt@...
        > Luck to all!!!!!

      • Angela Dunaway
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
          Thanks for the information, Elaine. Hopefully, it will
          help me break through this madness.

          http://health.yahoo.com