Update

  • Wayne Duesterbeck
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26 9:16 PM
      Hello!

      I have just uploaded a new and revised 10 generation report on the
      Descendants of Christian Düsterbeck. There is some new information as
      well as some corrected typos.

      I need more info on Merle Duesterbeck's family, as can be seen by
      reading the report. I have family group charts for Dan and Janice. I
      may have had others, but they possibly got misplaced in the last move.
      I show 4 children, is that right?

      It's also time to start adding stories to the history. I have more
      information on the folks from the 1700s than I do on our own families,
      but then that old stuff was in the churchbooks that I studied & was
      readily available. I will be happy to add anything you might
      contribute. Because this is all done on the computer, more data can be
      added & editing can be done at any time.

      As soon as I get a few more old dates & places added, I plan to
      contribute the family history to the LDS (Mormon) people in Salt Lake
      City. The data I will send them will stop at My father's (Berthold)
      generation. This way, they will get no information about people who
      are still living. They like to baptize people as Mormons even if dead!
      I know they have done me...I saw it on one of their indexes.

      There is no way that I could have put together even what little
      information I have on our family without the use of the Mormon's
      resources. By giving them our data, someone who is researching our
      people might be able to add more to it.

      Later!

      Wayne
    • duester45
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2009
        Hello!

        I have updated a few things here:

        Under Files: Other Düsterbecks/Discoveries 18 Sept., are some new findings from census records in other states.
        Maps: there is a map of Germany showing where Düsterbeck birth records have been found.
        The Descendants of Christian Düsterbeck has been updated. Everyone should look for their family group and supply as much missing information as possible. There is a downloadable Family Group chart that you can fill out & e-mail to me.

        Also, there are two databases for unconnected possible family members both Düsterbeck and Grassnickel.

        I have scared up some more Duesterbecks/Düsterbecks on Facebook and will shortly invite them to join our little group. Many of them are probably close relatives of yours, but some are from Canada and a few from Germany.

        You should have noticed that the group information has changed to include all Duesterbecks regardless of spelling or current residence. I think this will be the best way to trace the family back in time.

        Wayne