Updated wedding picture

  • Wayne Duesterbeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2006
      Hello!

      Last Sunday, I attended a reunion of the local Schellpfeffer family.
      They are the descendents od Carl Schellpfeffer & Emma Duesterbeck,
      so we share some DNA with them.

      Whilst comparing pictures, I was informed that the picture that I
      had of Carl & Emma was right out! I thought it was the right one
      because, at the last family reunion, several of the old folks made
      an ID. Well, shame on me, but now I have the proper picture & it is
      posted in the "Photos" section.

      Before the reunion, I was given a box of Schellpfeffer stuff, some
      of which was very valuable. I now have a major clue as to why they
      moved from Dodge County to Pierce County. There is also a clue as to
      when Great Uncle August had his first wife committed to the Dodge
      County Asylum. All of this plus more evidence that completely
      destroys the so-called legend of Emma & Carl (Charlie) running away.
      The wrongness of this story is making me want to do a text
      transcription of the notorious family history tapes with annotations
      as to what is just plain wrong. This project will have to wait until
      I have finished the current one, which is the digitalization of the
      family history. I want to put the whole thing into computer format
      so that we can all view and edit it. So Far, I'm about 1/2 way
      through the main book. Eventually, I will have a PDF file that can
      be shared by all.

      Later!

      Wayne