Big Project

  • Wayne Duesterbeck
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2006
      Hello!

      I attended a meeting of our local genealogical research group
      yesterday. They were discussing something that I think we need to do
      before it is too late.

      I have been trying to put the early family history into some sort of
      prose writing to accompany the various and sundry charts, etc. We
      need to do more than that. We should be starting to put the entire
      family history in prose form. This can be done in several ways, two
      of which are highly reccomended by the "experts". Those two ways are
      to either start with ourselves, writing our story, and working
      backward, or starting with our ancestor and working toward us. I
      think the latter is best because people are passing on and so are
      their stories.

      I would like to get started on a real Duesterbeck family history
      that can be made into some sort of e-book. That would probably be
      PDF files. I think if we start by writing everything in MS Word, we
      can deal with the PDF stuff later.

      We have people from Wilhelm, Johann, Martin, and Berthold's families
      here. If some of you can contact people from the other branches,
      that would be great. I think most of these folks are still in the
      Delavan area: Elfrieda's family (Beverly) is still there & so, I
      think are the descendants of Fred Duesterbeck from Darien. I have
      been in touch with the descendants of Great Aunts & Uncles, so I'll
      see what can be done there.

      Has anyone been in touch with people from Uncle Herman's family? I
      believe that Donald and Vera are the last of the children. We need
      to get them in on this too. Also the grandchildren of his daughters.

      This can become a really huge project. I actually hope that it does.
      It will take a bit of work from all of us, but it will be worth it.

      So! What say you? Should we go for it?

      Wayne
    • Pete Duesterbeck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2006
        This is GREAT stuff! Thank you Wayne!
        Let me know how you'd like me to begin......
        Best regards,
        Pete

      • Wayne Duesterbeck
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2006
          Sorry for the big delay. I just disremembered to reply.

          You can start by reminding me what I have previously sent you
          regarding your grandfather's information. I'll fill in what I can &
          you can start writing.

          --- In Duesterbecks@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Duesterbeck"