ULSD and the '07 engines

  • Dick Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      I emailed Peterbilt recently to make sure any 2007 engines that
      needed Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel would carry some dash or tank decal
      to let us know.
      Got this back this morning.

      Short answer - you'll see a fuel tank decal. I'll try to take a
      picture of the first one I run into and post it here. So far none
      seen. Anybody seen the new engine and decal yet? Have trouble finding ULSD?

      Dick Williams
      Kansas City MO

      ________________

      From: "PB Contact" <PB.Contact@...>
      To: rjw@...

      There are decals on the fuel tanks. Yes, we are producing and
      shipping trucks with 2007 emissions compliant engines that require ULSD.
    • tfmotorz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2007
        --- In Driveaway@yahoogroups.com, Dick Williams <rwilliams9@...>
        wrote:
        >99.99 % off all the major truckstops are pumping ULSD since Sep/Oct
        06. THe ULSD only affects older engines.

        > I emailed Peterbilt recently to make sure any 2007 engines that
        > needed Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel would carry some dash or tank
        decal
        > to let us know.
        > Got this back this morning.
        >
        > Short answer - you'll see a fuel tank decal. I'll try to take a
        > picture of the first one I run into and post it here. So far none
        > seen. Anybody seen the new engine and decal yet? Have trouble
        finding ULSD?

        > Dick Williams
        > Kansas City MO
        >
        > ________________
        >
        > From: "PB Contact" <PB.Contact@...>
        > To: rjw@...
        >
        > There are decals on the fuel tanks. Yes, we are producing and
        > shipping trucks with 2007 emissions compliant engines that require
        ULSD.

      • Harry
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2007
          I haven't yet had a 2007 truck labeled for ULSD only and have not
          found the secret to finding ULSD only if/when I need it. I'd say
          about 50% of the pumps I see are labeled ULSD.

          Harry

          --- In Driveaway@yahoogroups.com, "tfmotorz" <tfmotors@...> wrote:

          > --- In Driveaway@yahoogroups.com, Dick Williams <rwilliams9@>
          > wrote:
          > >99.99 % off all the major truckstops are pumping ULSD since
          Sep/Oct
          > 06. THe ULSD only affects older engines.
          > >
          > > I emailed Peterbilt recently to make sure any 2007 engines that
          > > needed Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel would carry some dash or tank
          > decal
          > > to let us know.
          > > Got this back this morning.
          > >
          > > Short answer - you'll see a fuel tank decal. I'll try to take a
          > > picture of the first one I run into and post it here. So far
          none
          > > seen. Anybody seen the new engine and decal yet? Have trouble
          > finding ULSD?
          > >
          > > Dick Williams
          > > Kansas City MO
          > >
          > > ________________
          > >
          > > From: "PB Contact" <PB.Contact@>
          > > To: rjw@
          > >
          > > There are decals on the fuel tanks. Yes, we are producing and
          > > shipping trucks with 2007 emissions compliant engines that
          require
          > ULSD.

        • Dick Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
            from prior message: " 99.99 % off all the major truckstops are
            pumping ULSD since Sep/Oct 06."

            I know that's the "rule" but I'm either hitting the 0.01% of "other"
            stations including major truck stops or not everybody's in compliance.

            I haven't moved anything yet with an '07 engine, quite a few chassis
            but no '07 power plants and I'm glad as I find quite a few stations
            that carry the 15 ppm decal but not the 500 ppm ULSD decal.
            I've been taking note since the day isn't far away when I'll be in
            my first '07 engine rig. Frankly it'll be a pain to scout around for
            the new fuel so I'd as soon stay away from that issue till I'm
            consistently hitting the 99.99% who're in compliance.

            On another note:

            Don't ever park like this: http://intransit.kcsky.net/images/parklikethis.jpg

            Scene across the street from our house this morning, Sunday 2-11-07.
            Not sure how it happened but some have suggested alcohol may have
            been involved. It's noon and no effort at extraction yet - adding
            some credence to the theory. They're actually lucky to have run up
            on the retaining wall - otherwise the car would likely have gained
            Big Mo and hit their garage and house. Little damage this way.

            dick williams
            kansas city mo