DRISCOO Surname - Has any one seen this name before?

  • nigelbb@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
      Greetings Group!
      My g grandfather William BOUNDY married a Kate DRISCOO in 1858 in
      South Australia. She signed her name as "Kate DRISCOO". Several of
      her children have DRISCOO as their second name on the birth records
      and her father's name is given on the marriage registration as John
      DRISCOO. I have no idea where she hails from as yet.
      Has anyone heard of this before. I thought it might be a variant of
      DRISCOLL??
      Can any one help please??
      Regards,
      Nigel BOUNDY
      Western Australia
    • Bill Start Duprey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
        Nigel,
        In my internet travels, I've found many varients on the Driscoll name and
        in many locations. My own line comes Vermont/Ireland, way back in the
        mid-1800's. Good Luck!
        Bill ( Start/Driscoll ) Duprey
        ( Grandmother on Mother's side was a Driscoll )